The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Worried about unit 5 aqa biology.
Original post by Kill3er

Same. How did you find the essay?
Original post by An4w42
Same. How did you find the essay?

The essay was fine, I did the homeostasis one. I hated the other questions though, even the first question :frown:

Everyone else in school was like the paper was easy, I found it harder than any of the past papers. Not sure how people on here found it, although I'd assume they found it easy
Are the grade boundaries/thresholds out?
Original post by Kill3er
The essay was fine, I did the homeostasis one. I hated the other questions though, even the first question :frown:

Everyone else in school was like the paper was easy, I found it harder than any of the past papers. Not sure how people on here found it, although I'd assume they found it easy

I hated some parts but others were okay. Hopefully I'll get a B. What do you need?
Original post by ajoy326
Are the grade boundaries/thresholds out?

They come out a day before results day.
Original post by econam
Is edexcel results plus something you can only use with authorisation from your teachers or can you have a account with out them?

Appreciate if anyone has any advice:smile:

Your school has to be pay for the service, I believe :biggrin:
My school pays for the service with both CIE and Edexcel. I get my results at 6.00 am UK time on the 11th of August (CIE releases results 2 days early). People doing Edexcel subjects will get their results sometime between 6 and 7 am the 13th of August or something like that.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by Kill3er

Personally I'm more worried about unit 4. What a car crash.......
Come on people. You're lagging WAY behind previous years for posts :nope:

Anyone going anywhere nice (or not nice) on holiday this year?
Original post by PQ

Abu Dhabi! The weekend after results

So need to set up a bank appointment with santander in between (so Thursday or Friday) because they need confirmed uni place for bank account
Original post by Kill3er

It was the same in my school, but I thought it was the worst paper for Unit 5 out there! And I need an A* to get into uni :frown:
Starting to doubt myself and remembering all the stupid mistakes I made :o:$ anyone else feeling like this ? :biggrin::s-smilie:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Abu Dhabi! The weekend after results

So need to set up a bank appointment with santander in between (so Thursday or Friday) because they need confirmed uni place for bank account

Nice. Abu Dhabi makes me think of Cabin Pressure (not that they ever get there in the episode) :biggrin:
Original post by PQ
Nice. Abu Dhabi makes me think of Cabin Pressure (not that they ever get there in the episode) :biggrin:

Never watched cabin pressure :tongue: I'm guessing it's about the stressful environment in the big metal bird, play on words too I suppose with the change in pressure in high altitudes

I think it'd be quite fun, although I hate flying so maybe not.
Original post by Kill3er

Sounds kinda bad, but I'm glad someone felt the same way about BIOL5! :redface: I came out of the exam not knowing how to feel but literally everyone else in my class was screeching about they'd "definitely got at least an A" so...
Edexcel are so quick releasing the mark schemes and papers! Why can't AQA and WJEC be just as quick?!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Never watched cabin pressure :tongue: I'm guessing it's about the stressful environment in the big metal bird, play on words too I suppose with the change in pressure in high altitudes

I think it'd be quite fun, although I hate flying so maybe not.

It's a radio comedy. Brilliant- very clever and funny. If you want something to distract you on a trip it's ideal (got me through a 14 hour drive through France last year).
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Hopefully well; I did Further Maths this year and I don't know which of M1 or S2 will go with my Maths (S2 was great, M1 not so great). I think I'll get what I need for Warwick anyway; my STEP and Physics grades are what concern me right now. :s-smilie: I loved the C3 paper although it was a bit weird and C4 was also kind of strange but felt less nice; they both went very well though. What are you hoping for overall?

What are you thinking of the A boundary for M1? :smile:
Original post by SCAR H
What are you thinking of the A boundary for M1? :smile:

Not sure; I think it was quite a nice paper (would have had 100 but thought I had done the last question wrong when I hadn't so changed it, and it now may be one of my worst papers :colondollar: ). That being said there were some tricky bits. Early 60s, maybe 62ish, would seem reasonable.
Original post by PQ

I've been to Iceland for a week! Covered the east and north of the country over a week, staying in a different hotel every night. Was awesome! Saw many a waterfall. ahah.

Latest