The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can't it be the 13th August already?
Original post by UNDECIDEDFUTURE
Hiya

I am in Year 11 and hosing my options for Alevel and need YOUR advice

I have decided on my subjects but need a fourth. I am stumped between Maths and IT.

Should I go for the subject I will enjoy it the subject I will do better in?

Maths I really enjoy (GCSE grade A)
IT I am confident in (GCSE grade A*) but don't enjoy

What do you think I should do?

Ps I want to go t uni so I need good grades for my course AAA
Any experiences would've helpful, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Maths 100%. No question.
Original post by Airmed
Can't it be the 13th August already?

This is my forth year of waiting for results day, i'm sure i can wait aha
Original post by Hudl
**** I wish I worked a little harder for some of my exams now, but I was just soo tireeddd.....now I have nothing but free time :frown:

I wish I had worked the entire year properly!
Original post by UNDECIDEDFUTURE
Hiya
I am in Year 11 and hosing my options for Alevel and need YOUR advice
I have decided on my subjects but need a fourth. I am stumped between Maths and IT.
Should I go for the subject I will enjoy it the subject I will do better in?
Maths I really enjoy (GCSE grade A)
IT I am confident in (GCSE grade A*) but don't enjoy
What do you think I should do?
Ps I want to go t uni so I need good grades for my course AAA
Any experiences would've helpful, thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are getting an A in maths now and enjoy it, then go for it. If you don't enjoy something, it is so hard to motivate yourself to revise for it so stick with what you enjoy. So definitely maths.
I wish I started earlier. My exams were so rubbish! used to get A's in all the mocks and past papers and then flopped the real ones!!! Feel so crap! OCR :frown:
Original post by games211
I wish I started earlier. My exams were so rubbish! used to get A's in all the mocks and past papers and then flopped the real ones!!! Feel so crap! OCR :frown:

You don't know that :smile: Lots of people are pleasantly surprised come results day so just try to enjoy your summer :smile:
Anybody else keener about their scores rather than their placement?
The UK system needs to change, you cant even bribe the examiners which puts UK candidates at a disadvantage
Hey guys, does someone have access to the papers on the edexcel website? They're up, but locked
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=International-Advanced-Level
If someone can access the June 2015 papers from the above link (IAL - meaning they all start with W eg WBI01) for biology, chemistry and physics(all 6 units) , I would be ETERNALLY grateful! Please, and thank you so much!!
Original post by Mike1234321
Hey guys, does someone have access to the papers on the edexcel website? They're up, but locked
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=International-Advanced-Level
If someone can access the June 2015 papers from the above link (IAL - meaning they all start with W eg WBI01) for biology, chemistry and physics(all 6 units) , I would be ETERNALLY grateful! Please, and thank you so much!!

does that mean the mark schemes are up aswell? really need to the s2 ms :/
Original post by games211
does that mean the mark schemes are up aswell? really need to the s2 ms :/

Nope :/ They're out around mid July!
Anyone with an account??

likewise!! i need these papers and mark schemes
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
likewise!! i need these papers and mark schemes

Awesome! Let's hope someone comes and saves us!!

~~~~^^^^
Awesome! Let's hope someone comes and saves us!!

haha one of my mates is getting them by tomorrow! will link you then

please send me the link too, i will really appreciate it.
(edited 8 years ago)

omgomgomgomg!!!! Thanks so much!!!
Reply 459
Does anyone know of any companies that are giving away freebies for good results ? I think last year patisserie Valerie did that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest