The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aLittleBookWorm
I'm going into school as soon as possible to get results but I'll be checking Track all the way in - I won't be able to wait to find out :')
Do you know what time it opens?

I want to avoid people as much as I can, so thinking 11 ish
Original post by Lannew1
I know the feeling im am applying for medicine so my parents tell everyone im a doctor :angry:

I wouldn't mind if he'd had taken an interest in my life before

Only now has he decided to (barely but)
Original post by PQ
The ONLY relevant information is if you are getting a priority remark. Anything else should have been told to them earlier

There was a bunch of problems with the English department at our school so we didn't have a teacher for one side of the course and there were a lot of problems with coursework. Would it be worth me somehow letting them know this now?
Original post by Harrigt
Sorry Taikibansei for the late reply. You are so quick at replying! Definitely, I would love to visit around that time. I haven't really traveled much and should make the most of anything. I will definitely try those links, they sound good. I do hope to pick it up, learning another language is useful when on holiday or in a career.Oh definitely, breaking bad ended good despite the fans wanting more as it could have ruined its reputation. Oh, those nerves are creeping back in, results day is almost upon us! I need to watch another TV show lol. I really hope I done well in Sociology though as I felt I worked hard at this...sorry for rambling.

Haha, sorry! :colondollar: Travelling would be so good! I guess around now is the time, not much opportunity once we're older :redface:
It is useful! Even knowing a little bit might help you :h:
Definitely, we need more things to binge!! Might start Heroes tonight :biggrin: I really hope that your hard work gives you good results! Don't worry about rambling, feel free to :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by troodon
There was a bunch of problems with the English department at our school so we didn't have a teacher for one side of the course and there were a lot of problems with coursework. Would it be worth me somehow letting them know this now?

Things like that need to come from your referee long before results day.
Original post by ubisoft
Lol I hate that. My parents did the same and I'm certain I've missed the offer.

Same here
Original post by troodon

Way, way too late.
Hey. Someone from my sixth form told me that last year he and others got an email a few days before results day stating whether or not they were successful in getting a place in their firm university. Bearinf in mind he is a resit, is he telling the truth? Do we get an email or anything a few days beforehand letting us know if we got in?
Thank god I have a full-time job, I would spend so much time thinking about results otherwise!

I think my school gets the most successful students in the day before results day for pictures for the local newspaper and stuff; do you think I could find out my results and/or whether or not I've met my firm offer then?
Original post by NumberNerd
Hey. Someone from my sixth form told me that last year he and others got an email a few days before results day stating whether or not they were successful in getting a place in their firm university. Bearinf in mind he is a resit, is he telling the truth? Do we get an email or anything a few days beforehand letting us know if we got in?

Unis arent supposed to be allowed to contact you until after midnight on results day so i wouldnt expect an email before you get your results.
Original post by Elcor
Thank god I have a full-time job, I would spend so much time thinking about results otherwise!

I think my school gets the most successful students in the day before results day for pictures for the local newspaper and stuff; do you think I could find out my results and/or whether or not I've met my firm offer then?

their not supposed to tell you your results early, teachers cant access track more than an hour or so before you can.
Original post by claireestelle
Unis arent supposed to be allowed to contact you until after midnight on results day so i wouldnt expect an email before you get your results.

The embargo runs out at 6am on results day. Any earlier contact is in breach of the contract
Original post by claireestelle
their not supposed to tell you your results early, teachers cant access track more than an hour or so before you can.

Teachers get results the day before. They can't disclose results but they often contact students with good results to come in early for press coverage.

Adviser Track goes live at the same time as applicants track
Original post by L'Evil Fish
When they asked me, I was just like...

Yeah....

I am 99% sure I've met the offer, just if something goes wrong everyone already thinks I'm there :redface:

Hi again :P If you don't mind my asking , what's the course you're looking to do at Cambridge?? :smile: I'm interested in Cambridge but am more interested in imperial's engineering courses.
Original post by Harrigt
Have any of you tried Humans?

Not really, what is it about?
Original post by Notions
I really really really want to do Civil Engineering at Imperial. I shall be Michael Scofield of Prison Break.

You really should! :wink:
Great actor, great show (Apart from season 4)
Original post by liza_123
the thing i'm worried about is the exams i missed were for the units i am best at . . . and my A2 grades are going to be based on the results of the other ones! :s-smilie: hey ho! I guess they have to find a standardised way to do it!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. To be honest I really don't know how they will manage to do that. Did you have good grades at AS and do you think you did well in your other A2 units?
Any thoughts on this article, especially @PQ if possible? It reads kind of click baity to me. It's aimed to us Russell Group applicants.

http://thetab.com/blog/2015/08/02/hardest-fight-for-places-at-top-unis-as-a-level-results-loom-47726
Original post by PQ
Teachers get results the day before. They can't disclose results but they often contact students with good results to come in early for press coverage.

Adviser Track goes live at the same time as applicants track

So what do they tell you for the press coverage? "You did well"? I could get very good grades but not be accepted into my firm, so I would want to know exactly /how/ well.
Original post by SuperSah
Any thoughts on this article, especially @PQ if possible? It reads kind of click baity to me. It's aimed to us Russell Group applicants.

http://thetab.com/blog/2015/08/02/hardest-fight-for-places-at-top-unis-as-a-level-results-loom-47726

It reads like The Tab were running out of things to publish, resorting to exaggeration in an attempt to make a story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
So what do they tell you for the press coverage? "You did well"? I could get very good grades but not be accepted into my firm, so I would want to know exactly /how/ well.

You wouldn't be one of the ones they picked for the photo if that were the case.

Latest