The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So with a clearing search opening up, can and should we take anything from it? I can see quite a few courses on there that I'd be interested in (including my insurance! :tongue:) if worst came to worst, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes up because of it. Does anyone have an idea how different the list today could be to the one that'll be available on results day?
Original post by taikibansei
So with a clearing search opening up, can and should we take anything from it? I can see quite a few courses on there that I'd be interested in (including my insurance! :tongue:) if worst came to worst, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes up because of it. Does anyone have an idea how different the list today could be to the one that'll be available on results day?

maybe depends on how many IB students take up places in clearing..
How are you feeling about results day?
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nervous, I keep thinking I've made loads of silly mistakes and that my handwriting was illegible so the examiners just won't mark it

Which subjects do you study?
History, Psychology and ICT

What grades are you hoping to get?
I'm hoping for A*AA with the A* in Psychology, but I was hoping for A*'s in the other subjects too until I realised that I kind of messed them up a bit :colondollar:

Are you in year 12 or 13?
Year 13

To which uni are you hoping to go?
University of Birmingham

To study which subject?
Psychology

How did your exams go?

I thought they went well, the time really did get to me a bit though and some questions in the ICT exam had me like :colonhash:, but overall I thought they went good despite my poor handwriting
Does anyone else think it's a bit unfair that IB students are advantaged in the clearing process and taking up all the places...
I feel faaiirly confident that I've got into my firm BUT there's always that creeping feeling of doubt which gets worse the closer to the day. My weird results day dreams aren't helping either!

Physics, Maths and Chemistry (+ EPQ)

A*AA for my firm - A* in Maths or Physics. Don't care about EPQ really.

Year 13

Oxford

To study which subject?
Physics

How did your exams go?
Not sure, I can only remember the questions I got wrong and I just obsess over them. I did OCR Chemistry, so that was pretty painful.
Original post by Dalek1099
Its going to be really hard accepting I haven't got into Cambridge as I have been there 4 times(Open Day,Summer School,Interview and Easter School), I have stayed there for 10 nights and I really loved the food,place and high quality lecturers I really should have probably spent more time at my Insurance Durham than going to one Open Day but there are positives to going to Durham as I will be with my friends(three of my classmates have offers for Maths at Durham) and I will be close to home and will be able to stay at home for the 2nd-4th years.

If it's any consolation, Durham is amazing! I've done the Easter academy and will be doing the Summer academy soon for medicine, but I wish you the best of luck mate because it seems like you're stressing out 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizmoo0721
Does anyone else think it's a bit unfair that IB students are advantaged in the clearing process and taking up all the places...

Yeah, and Scottish students (I think)! Though do they have to wait till 13th August for the full clearing list?
I'm jelly of the people whose colleges put their results online at 6am - they can hit up clearing before anyone else.
TO AS STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY STARTED STUDYING FOR A2 ..... :angry: pls can you not.. :frown:
Original post by taikibansei

My firm is absent from Clearing thus far, so I hope that's a good thing.
Original post by SuperSah
My firm is absent from Clearing thus far, so I hope that's a good thing.

Same! The uni is there, but my course isn't. Fingers crossed it means good things! :flower2:
Original post by Dalek1099
I don't really see the problem.Why does it make such a difference to you that it is the same person replying to posts in a row?, if it was other people writing the same posts you wouldn't have a problem.If you have the same issue in future just ignore what poster posted the post and then you won't know that I posted so many posts in a row.

I have had complaints before about really long posts and if I multiquoted the posts could potentially be extremely long and its not my fault hardly anyone is online at night to post in between my posts.It isn't really spammy as I am not posting the same post over and over again.

If it was the same person replying 10 times in a row, regardless of who it was I'd be annoyed.

More so, because it is you.

No, because I have to scroll through it all...

Spammy = no one wants to read, blocking up the pages, you post repeatedly. If it was one long post, I'd know to just skip the whole post

And it is the same thing, its

'I've definitely missed my firm, Cambridge, because of step'
'i hope I've got into my instance, Durham now'
'I should have visited Durham more because I'm not getting into Cambridge and I really liked it the 4 times I was there'
'*insert UMS and grades'
I haven't really thought about it but starting to get nervous - with my GCSEs I have a lot to live up to:frown:

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature:smile:

I'd love to come out with AAAA

Year 12

To which uni are you hoping to go?To study which subject?
I'd love to go to Cambridge to do Natural Sciences, or QUB for Chemistry:smile:

How did your exams go?
Overall they were manageable, but they're so hard to predict:frown:
Reply 592
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If it was the same person replying 10 times in a row, regardless of who it was I'd be annoyed.

More so, because it is you.

No, because I have to scroll through it all...

Spammy = no one wants to read, blocking up the pages, you post repeatedly. If it was one long post, I'd know to just skip the whole post

And it is the same thing, its

'I've definitely missed my firm, Cambridge, because of step'
'i hope I've got into my instance, Durham now'
'I should have visited Durham more because I'm not getting into Cambridge and I really liked it the 4 times I was there'
'*insert UMS and grades'

You took the words out of my mouth.
What to do if u already got a firm place (foundation year entry 160 UCAS Points) and already have 240 UCAS point and hopefully after my resits should go up. But i'm double minded in wanting to switch course.

Would I go through adjustment or clearing as I would definitely have higher UCAS points than my firm but may be a bit short of the course I want to get onto
Terrified, also have no idea what I'm doing on gap year and parents have high expectations, if I don't get AAA I'm dead.

Maths, physics, chemistry, (((gen stud)))
A*AA-AAA with A* in maths/physics

Year 13

None, didn't apply

To study which subject?
Engineering/economics, undecided
How did your exams go?
Some went well, some not so well, bad exams were C4, unit 2 physics, unit 4 Chemistry, and potentially unit 4 physics
Reply 595
Original post by McCustard
I feel faaiirly confident that I've got into my firm BUT there's always that creeping feeling of doubt which gets worse the closer to the day. My weird results day dreams aren't helping either!

Physics, Maths and Chemistry (+ EPQ)

A*AA for my firm - A* in Maths or Physics. Don't care about EPQ really.

Year 13

Oxford

To study which subject?
Physics

How did your exams go?
Not sure, I can only remember the questions I got wrong and I just obsess over them. I did OCR Chemistry, so that was pretty painful.

Hey, I'm hoping to go to Oxford for physics as well! Which college have you got an offer from?
Original post by Lau14
Hey, I'm hoping to go to Oxford for physics as well! Which college have you got an offer from?

New College :smile: what about you?
Original post by SH0405
2015 AS/A2 Results Day Thread

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

To study which subject?

Spoiler

How did your exams go?

Spoiler

Reply 598
Original post by McCustard
New College :smile: what about you?

St Hugh's :smile: are you doing anything over the summer to prepare? It's always a bit of a mess trying to do maths after a long break so I feel like I should be :/
Original post by Lau14
St Hugh's :smile: are you doing anything over the summer to prepare? It's always a bit of a mess trying to do maths after a long break so I feel like I should be :/

Yeah I'm going through the first few chapters of the 'Further Mathematics for the Physical Sciences' book but I didn't do Further Maths so I kinda need to! I've hardly done anything so far though, I might wait till they give us the online bridging course to properly start.
Do you think we'll need to know any computing?

Latest