The Student Room Group

AQA Politics Unit 2 - 04/06/15

Scroll to see replies

Same
Reply 41
I found the first two constitution questions were good, and I really liked all of the parliament questions,
but I thought the last question for the constitution question (does the increase in powers of judges strengthen the separation of powers) horrible!
What did everybody else put? :smile:
Just talk about the powers ie eu law, human rights
I must say the 24 markers in unit 2 were awful, I hated the civil servant one, I just wrote any crap that made some sense and the MP's demands, I just spoke about party whips and other crap but it was rubbish!!!:frown:
For civil servants, i said that tony blair fused the cabinet office with his own office, whicj undermines nuetrality

But i think i was wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw if i only have 2 paragraphs for nd 1 against, could i still get like over 18? or are my marks limited? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys write about why the PM is from the house of commons? I had no idea what to talk about there...
I said coz of representative democracy nd accountability.

But then again i may be wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Tomii.Ola
Btw if i only have 2 paragraphs for nd 1 against, could i still get like over 18? or are my marks limited? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you mention SpAds in relation to that at all?
Reply 49
Original post by rory.hosty
What did you guys write about why the PM is from the house of commons? I had no idea what to talk about there...

Lords vS Commons

The PM traditionally came from Lords by convention
This changed.

MPs are elected, peers aren't
This gives them legitimacy and accountability
This makes the PM more representative
Original post by Cam977

What's SpAds?
Original post by Cam977

What are Spads?
What are Spads?

Special Advisers?
Original post by lappy482
Special Advisers?

Yehh..i said how tony blair put in over 40 more special advisers in order to retain civil servant nuetrality, so that they dont become partisan ....

Hope tht was right :/
Yehh..i said how tony blair put in over 40 more special advisers in order to retain civil servant nuetrality, so that they dont become partisan ....

Hope tht was right :/

I just mentioned Blair's fondness for Special Advisers under his government, and spent most of the time talking about how they go against neutrality and permanence in the civil service.

I was quite vague, though. I think the only examples I used overall were Blair and special advisers and the Ibbs Report :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending