The Student Room Group

Upper primary education CCCU

Hello im looking at applying for upper primary education at canterbury christ church university next year but am worried about the timetable. I have 2 very children and would like to see if anyone has last years timetable so i can see if i can commit myself or if its going to be too much while they are so young!
I wouldn't have thought it is the uni timetable that would be difficult it is more likely to be the expectations and time you will have to dedicate to placements...they can be hard work with planning, preparation of resources, marking etc as well as writing uni essays. Make sure you have a support network in place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im only in year 1 doing primary ed at Canterbury at the moment and this year it hasn't been too bad.
In year 1, we have had placement every Tuesday, a week block placement before christmas and a two week block placement in may.
you would have an exam in January but every other assignment this year has been either a poster, essays, presentation or portfolios.
The time table itself, I have always had a least 1 day off a week, if not more.
the days that we are in seminars are normally 9-5, yet a lot of the seminar teachers don't stay till 5 and most of mine have finished at 4 or earlier.
The only things I know about year 2 and 3 are about the placements.
In year two you have an alternative placement for a month in Jan which you could easily do at home.
You also have a 6 week placement that i have heard you can also do at a school near your house.
In year 3, it is a term placement.

Hope this has helped in some way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending