The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
the UK agrees, maintaining consular immunity is vital to diplomatic relations across the world.
Reply 81
So should I move this to a vote? How do I add a poll to an already existing thread, by the way??
alasdair_R
So should I move this to a vote? How do I add a poll to an already existing thread, by the way??

At the top of the thread there is a button marked thread tools, it opens a drop down menu, it's one of the options there. Remember to make the vote public.
Reply 83
How can this be taken to vote when the information within it is not true?
Reply 84
That's why Finland voted against.
Reply 85
France has decided to Abstain from this vote.
Reply 86
Iran has abstained from this vote, while we are angry at the capturing of our citizens and we strongly urge that they be released. We have acknowledged that this building is not subject to the the issued raised in this resolution and so have felt it necissary that we abstain.
Reply 87
bikerx23
How can this be taken to vote when the information within it is not true?

The American delegate may wish to peruse the resolution after amendments were made.
Reply 88
Indonesia has abstained from this vote. Naturally it would not be fair to vote for it, since Iraqi officials have already clarified the incident and cleared US authorities. With that said, we do not agree with or condone the actions of the US military in Iraq, especially with regards to the handling of foreign Iranians who are soon to be recognised as diplomatic staff.
Knogle
Indonesia has abstained from this vote. Naturally it would not be fair to vote for it, since Iraqi officials have already clarified the incident and cleared US authorities. With that said, we do not agree with or condone the actions of the US military in Iraq, especially with regards to the handling of foreign Iranians who are soon to be recognised as diplomatic staff.

Germany agrees with this entirely and has voted against it for these reasons. We don't support the resolution in the context of this incident.
Reply 90
I'm curious as to why the UK representative voted in favour of this resolution. Surely that wouldn't be the case in RL?
Reply 91
Knogle
I'm curious as to why the UK representative voted in favour of this resolution. Surely that wouldn't be the case in RL?

oops, seems like I made a bit of a political misnomer, do forgive, please. change vote to no etc.
Reply 92
6+6=6
oops, seems like I made a bit of a political misnomer, do forgive, please. change vote to no etc.

:p: You're forgiven my young padawan. <G>
Reply 93
Knogle
:p: You're forgiven my young padawan. <G>

owww, my headache prevents me from thinking of anything witty.
6+6=6
owww, my headache prevents me from thinking of anything witty.

[OOC]I'm in the same boat! :frown: Haven't been able to post through the fuzz :s-smilie: [/OOC]
Reply 95
Craghyrax
[OOC]I'm in the same boat! :frown: Haven't been able to post through the fuzz :s-smilie: [/OOC]

what brought yours on?
6+6=6
what brought yours on?

[OOC] I'm down with a bug :mad: I called in sick at work tonight for the first time in 2yrs! Probably just run down. You? [/OOC]
Reply 97
Craghyrax
[OOC] I'm down with a bug :mad: I called in sick at work tonight for the first time in 2yrs! Probably just run down. You? [/OOC]

Goodness, that's horrible. I went through 2 years of military service without calling in sick a single day. I'd be shattered if I had to, especially when I was approaching the end of my term! :/

(It's a matter of work ethic and personal pride. :wink:)
Knogle
Goodness, that's horrible. I went through 2 years of military service without calling in sick a single day. I'd be shattered if I had to, especially when I was approaching the end of my term! :/

I feel the same, even though I only work in a pub kitchen :s-smilie: If I don't go in for work, one of my work friends has to do the hours for me. Its not fair on them unless it can be avoided! At least this was a one-off!
Reply 99
Knogle

[OOC] That really piqued my interest. Where did you do Military Service? Are you actually from Burkina Faso?[/OOC]

Latest

Trending

Trending