The Student Room Group

All Nighter Cramming Tips

Howdie all,

well i have a few mocks in the penultimate week of January and i really wanted to see how a cramming all nighter would feel like and if it would benefit me. This is a mock, so i can take the risk of experimenting, if it works then surely i will do it again for the real thing. So what tips do you fellow allnighter crammers have? Redbull and TEA!!??...anything else how to stay awake and get sutff into your head? Just FYI, the exams are bio, chem and maths (on diff days).

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Pro plus and coffee every hour to stay awake, turn all the lights on and turn off any music. Then you need to continually test yourself on what you have just been over in the past half hour or so to assess if you're absorbing any information. Keep doing it until you get it.

It'll work for biology and chemistry since all you need to do is regurgitate answers. Find the previous 5 years of mark schemes and memorise where you pick up points so you only need to remember the bare minimum. You probably won't get away with that approach for maths - get some sleep instead.

:sleep:
Reply 2
Well as the self appointed queen of all nighter cramming, i'd say it works for stuff like organic chemistry- I stayed up all night last night cramming for my chains and rings exam and hadn't done any revision for it since last year. For me, it also works for math sometimes if i stay up doing past papers all night. Having said that, it's really not worth it and if you can start earlier then that would be the best option...i'm just lazy and stupid sometimes.

The after effects of trying to keep your eyes open all night by stimulants aren't good either. I slept as soon as I came hope because I was beginning to slowly feel myself dying inside :rolleyes: and now i've just messed my sleeping pattern up.
Reply 3
i'd rather get up earlier and cram- you need a good nights sleep however before the exam to make sure you concentrate properly.
Reply 4
eeeek ...yeh i understand that feeling, so how about going to sleep at 9pm :eek: and waking up at like 3am ...that sounds pretty practical, 6 hours of sleep is more than enough. Yeah i might just try that early morning stuff like for a week until the mocks. Nice...

BeesKnees
Well as the self appointed queen of all nighter cramming

hahaha :p:

Latest