The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Spanish Exam 10th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lio2015
Do you guys think its okay that for the discursive essay on if parents should control the internet my only for points where about terrorism e.g lack of censorship of terrorist propaganda , decapitations etc I didn't mention like paedophiles or anything?Scared my essay was too narrow

Heya, did you give both sides of the argument? Like saying some of the good points aswell as the terrorism? If you did that would have been plenty!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think that the markers might be slightly lenient on the word count? I went slightly over the 270 word count for the research based essay, but not by a ridiculous amount, can't remember exactly how much. Hopefully it doesn't affect my grade :/
Original post by sophieemarshallx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think that the markers might be slightly lenient on the word count? I went slightly over the 270 word count for the research based essay, but not by a ridiculous amount, can't remember exactly how much. Hopefully it doesn't affect my grade :/

I don't think it should matter too much, I went over too but as long the 270th word is in your last sentence they will carry on reading. I think they stop at the end of the sentence that has your 270th word in it!
Original post by liz0123
I don't think it should matter too much, I went over too but as long the 270th word is in your last sentence they will carry on reading. I think they stop at the end of the sentence that has your 270th word in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's the thing, I don't know if the 270th word is in the last sentence.. :/ god, surely they're not that strict :eek: :frown:
Original post by sophieemarshallx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's the thing, I don't know if the 270th word is in the last sentence.. :/ god, surely they're not that strict :eek: :frown:

If it's just a bit over I'm sure they will let you off, not fair otherwise! Don't worry about it, I don't think your mark will be really affected!
Reply 165
hi, for the research essay, i did the essay on a person and their impact on a region, I did Iniesta and Barcelona, but I can't remember if i put links to websites as my sources of information down after the essay, will this completely invalidate my essay?

thanks
Original post by liz0123
If it's just a bit over I'm sure they will let you off, not fair otherwise! Don't worry about it, I don't think your mark will be really affected!

I dont know why i keep worrying about it -_- thanks for the reassurance x
Full time work can be ... trabajo a tiempo completo or trabajo de jornada completa.

For anyone that will be studying Pan's Labyrinth for an upcoming Spanish exam these resources may help
Reply 168
What did people think of the mark scheme? Obviously didn't give much away for the essays but I was very pleased with the translation (and that they accepted trabajo de tiempo completo, praise the lord!!!!). Although, I wasn't aware they would be changing the way they mark it, I can't decide whether I feel it would be more advantageous for us or not, they seem like pretty big chunks of text to be losing marks on.

I just wish we could see examiners reports already!
Reply 169
Original post by s13083
What did people think of the mark scheme? Obviously didn't give much away for the essays but I was very pleased with the translation (and that they accepted trabajo de tiempo completo, praise the lord!!!!). Although, I wasn't aware they would be changing the way they mark it, I can't decide whether I feel it would be more advantageous for us or not, they seem like pretty big chunks of text to be losing marks on.

I just wish we could see examiners reports already!

How do you have the mark scheme already lol
Reply 170
Original post by elaras
How do you have the mark scheme already lol

They were released a while ago I think. Heres a link to all the Edexcel ones if you wanna look.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B23NLD5L6099fmpzaHRFZFBQZm01VVR5VGJhN3N4OF9zLWd1d2RUcTZ2WXY1RnhiR3VLczA&usp=sharing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending