The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

You'd probably be best off in Leodis, its 20 mins walk into town, mostly brand new accommodation, en suites and I think most blocks are lively ish. There's a thread on it further down. It's pretty pricey though. Clarence Dock looks quite nice, its 10-15 mins walk into town, but is on the South side of town so its like a 40 minute walk or a bus ride to uni. it also has ensuites. It's in a newly developed area of town by the canal/river, whereas Leodis is stuck in in Woodhouse/Little London, but is handier for uni - 5 mins walk!

They're both self catering. James Bailie Park is another option, but I don't know too much about it. Also it's not owned by the university and is expensive.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
It's prob bout 5-10 mins into town from Clarence Dock. Also quite nice - was there for the first time yesterday seemed to be quite sociable.
Reply 3
Cee
OP
Decisions decisions hehe i just want to make sure i pick the right one, thanks for your help. x
Reply 4
Or even decisions.

I lived at Leodis last year - was good location-wise.
Reply 5
Cee
OP
I always seem 2 put e instead of i :|
Yeah looks nice, so does james baillie park and carr mills looks really nice.
definately Carr Mills.....by far....
I have been to Leodis, James B, Charlie Mo, Bod, Dev etc....Carr Mills is by far the nicest inside...big rooms...huge kitchens....brand new...
xxx
Reply 7
Cee
OP
Thanks lucy carr mills looks nice and modern and if it has big rooms its good :] x
Reply 8
hey....
Clarence Dock is a really nice place but way too far from uni...leodis is the best choice if ur lookin for uni residences..but there are lots of private residences that are much better..plaza,liberty park,the triangle,opal court...
Reply 9
Heard bad things about liberty park, plaza etc. Apparently they're well strict on just about everything. Aren't they abit too nice aswell?.... i mean part of the student experience is living in a grotty cramped halls.:smile:
im living in the triangle which is privately owned and there not strict at all. the only person we ever see is the maintenance guy whos small welsh and really nice. weve been given no rules on anything at all, unlike with university accomodation.
Reply 11
I'm living in James Baillie Park at the moment, and i would CERTAINLY recommend it. I really love it.
Its 15-20min walk to uni, and a further 5 mins to town.
Its en-suite and the rooms are nice enough. Im really happy with my choice, and so is everyone i know.
The rooms are not as big as some of the other accommodation, but i feel its by far big enough.

And although it isnt in the centre of town, it is by no means "out the way". I have never felt like i should have lived closer.

I have been to one or two other accommodations, and although im not certain of this rumour, but ive heard that Leodis is in quite a dodgy area of council estates.

Hope this Helps....

Jenna.
Reply 12
Jenz.87
I'm living in James Baillie Park at the moment, and i would CERTAINLY recommend it. I really love it.

Hey Roomie ! (We don't actually share a room, we live in the same flat at James Baillie AKA The Mighty JBP!)

yeah totally agree...James Baillie is one of the best. You have the choice of going to either Hyde Park or Headingley if you want something to do, and its nicely situated so its roughly the same distance to the bars shops etc which ever way you go.
Buses run frequently and have the choice of about 6 - 92, 95, 96, 97, 1, etc, which all run past the uni to town. but its not as if you have to get a bus to uni or town. I normally walk to uni everyday (well, when i'm in) and there are normally loads of students walking to uni, so its not as if you walk by yourself, and often you normally get chatting to people as you leave JBP and walk with them.
It is set in one of the nicest places...at the end of a road with little squirrels running about...Often when you look out the window, one will be climbing a tree. :biggrin: (oh how i will hate to leave!)

Just for reassurance, if anything goes wrong, just pop along to the office and normally will see to your problem within a matter of hours... Just like when our oven stopped working and they brought a brand new (never been used) Anthony Worral Thompson Oven and fitted it within 30 minutes of us telling them about it!
Tannery Tanney Tannery all the way! All the unite company Halls are good...take a look for yourself!
http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Leeds/The_Tannery/

A lot better than a lot of the other halls because we try to be a little community. We have events at least 3 times a week and have nights out and flat parties all the time! come and have a look for yourself in person if u like...i work there (but am also a first year student) so i will be happy to show u around :smile:
Reply 14
Carr Mills rooms are not all big!
They're big enough but some of the flats are 7 bed (like mine) and the rooms are slightly smaller, apart from rooms 4 (which is HUGE) and 5 (which is a bit larger).
But i can vouch for Carr Mills being good fun =]
Reply 15
its likely leeds will be my insurance and chances r i may not get grades of firm so what r the chances of gettin accomodation in halls? as i realise will get left overs but dnt wanna be out on the outskirts
Wooo James Baillie! Listen to podge and jenz :biggrin: theyr fabulous, and james baillie is the place to be! x
emmj
its likely leeds will be my insurance and chances r i may not get grades of firm so what r the chances of gettin accomodation in halls? as i realise will get left overs but dnt wanna be out on the outskirts

Hi emmj
If Leeds is your insurance then you will still get university accommodation. When you say "outskirts", depends what you mean - Bodington is the furthest out so I suppose it's geographically on the outskirts but it's also the biggest hall with the most going on, so socially it's certainly not outskirts! And the buses run from town and from campus to right in front of the main block until 3 in the morning so you can go out in town as much as anyone else.

Hope this helps. I was going to say "see you in september" but I guess that's not how you're hoping things will go! But if we do get to see you, we will be pleased to do so and hope you will too!!!!
Reply 18
ahhogarth1
Wooo James Baillie! Listen to podge and jenz :biggrin: theyr fabulous, and james baillie is the place to be! x

aww thanks luvie. we will have to go out again soon! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Clarence dock rocks. Been down there quite a bit lately..Loving it.

Latest