The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from course?

Okay, so I completed my first year of Visual Effects at Hertfordshire University and after some time of thinking, I finally accepted that this course isnt for me.

I want to study Graphics/Digital Design at another University within London (likely UEL).

I've always wanted to do either Graphics Design or Video Editing so I thought VFX would be the best option for me as its a combination of both but; it's a lot different to what I expected.

So my plan is to take a year out, work full time and apply for the 2016 course so I can also work on my portfolio.

However, I have no clue how this will affect me financially with Student finance and how it will affect my application process.

Does anyone have experience with withdrawing from a course, taking a year out and then applying for another course at another university?
you get one year extra on top of your orginal degree choice so you still have 3 years left to use so shouldn't have any student finance problems:smile:
Reply 2
It might be worth considering the Graphic Design course at Hertfordshire. We've won four D&AD awards this year - more than any of the London courses (as far as i know). Obviously we might not be the course for you but we'd be happy to chat about your year ahead, if you're interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending