The Student Room Group

WJEC english language

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fliss1988
As far as I understood the question you didn't have to write it as a student. It said there is a school or college closing down in your local area. It could potentially be your one. That doesn't mean you have to write about your school or college.

Oml seriously? Wowwww pleaseeee be that. Everyone I've asked has told me that they wrote as a student.

Did it actually say "A school/college in your local area" and not 'YOUR school'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by remediae
What did everyone write for the end of year celebratory trip in the Unit 2 exam?

Spoiler

Lol. I went for a typical theme park.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone write for the end of year celebratory trip in the Unit 2 exam?

Spoiler

I did a trip to London, I couldn't think of anything else!
for unit 2 writing , i wrote about japan in the first question
Nice! I think that would have been more persuasive than a trying to convince everyone to go to Thailand :smile:))
Original post by Msmh
For the writing task about your school closing down, did you have to write against the closure or could you have done it for the closure too?

I did it against, but some people in my class did for closing the school down and I was just wondering if you could do that. I can't remember how the question was phrased...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was like "A school or college is closing down in your area. It has been suggested (???) that it could be *your* school. You feel strongly about this and decide to write your opinions to the local newspaper. Write your response"
Original post by PawanAviator
for unit 2 writing , i put japan in the first question

Ahhh good so I'm not the only one that chose a faraway country!

Spoiler

I wrote about going to a theme park celebratory day- we actually went last year so I knew a rough idea of what to talk about- rides, food and drink, landscapes, discounts, having fun with friend said- it was at the end of the year so you would have friends by then
Original post by electrahearts
It was like "A school or college is closing down in your area. It has been suggested (???) that it could be *your* school. You feel strongly about this and decide to write your opinions to the local newspaper. Write your response"

Oh ffs. Are you still in school?

I wrote as a grandparent.
I'm not in school right now but I wanna ask an English teacher how many marks I'd get out of 20, just to know. So if anyone is in school, could they please ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

i did a trip to london, where i started to talk about how my class is like london (something about being undefeated, diverse and one day important (i feel sorry for my examiner)) :facepalm:
Original post by TheSurrealTV
I struggled to finish question 4

Same!! I only wrote like 2 points - 3 points. :frown:
Original post by Alexanderb1
I wrote about going to a theme park celebratory day- we actually went last year so I knew a rough idea of what to talk about- rides, food and drink, landscapes, discounts, having fun with friend said- it was at the end of the year so you would have friends by then

I think I should have done that :smile:
Reply 92

Ohhh...so you could have done it either way. Did you do it for or against the closure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh good so I'm not the only one that chose a faraway country!

yep , everyone looked at me because i chose a faraway country , but it does make sense at the end of the day. as long you wrote the purpose , audience and correct format and used all persuasive techniques you are guaranteed full marks. Good structure s well. Anyone else realised it was actually a speech? I knew it might come up.

The formal letter has came up for the 4th time.
Original post by MMMoody199
Oh ffs. Are you still in school?

I wrote as a grandparent.
I'm not in school right now but I wanna ask an English teacher how many marks I'd get out of 20, just to know. So if anyone is in school, could they please ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, sorry. I'm trying to avoid my english teacher for the rest of my life now anyway because she'll ask me how paper 1 went :nope:
Original post by PawanAviator
yep , everyone looked at me because i chose a faraway country , but it does make sense at the end of the day. as long you wrote the purpose , audience and correct format and used all persuasive techniques you are guaranteed full marks. Good structure s well. Anyone else realised it was actually a speech? I knew it might come up.

The formal letter has came up for the 4th time.

Please tell me you're still in school?

IS ANYONE STILL IN SCHOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
My trip was to China 😂😂 for part b are you meant to write points for and against and then your view? Or a just argument for one side? I got confused so i wrote both, is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is pretty much what the question was asking. But the main points here is in the question it said "it could be your school or college" it didn't say it was or wasn't your own school or college. This doesn't imply that your wrong if you wrote as a grandparent, someone from the local community or someone else.
Original post by Msmh
Ohhh...so you could have done it either way. Did you do it for or against the closure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

against, and i wrote as a student
Original post by gcses2015
Same!! I only wrote like 2 points - 3 points. :frown:

I literally wrote about 4 lines and they're unreadable oh my god

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending