The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 2 Exam 4th June 2015

Are we ready

Scroll to see replies

lmao no. any idea how you get the thread to be in the gov+politics section? I just created one and it's ended up here as well
Reply 2
2 days to learn 1 years worth of work! Oh boy LOL
Do you guys think its too risky to only revise 2 out of the 4 topics?
Original post by kermeelion

depends, which two are you thinking?
For unit 2 yes because those two topics could come up in one part of the question for example the source question and then you wouldn't have anything to write about in the 40 marker
Original post by contradicta
depends, which two are you thinking?

I was going to go for parliament and constitution.
Parliament should come up in section A - [5,10,25]
and Constitution should come up in section B - [40]
Original post by Antonia222
For unit 2 yes because those two topics could come up in one part of the question for example the source question and then you wouldn't have anything to write about in the 40 marker

The thing is if you look at past papers and where Parl and Cons have come up they should come up in different sections :/ idk if I should do 1 more topic to be safe but I also have to revise for my Business exam which is on the same day -.-

then I guess you can risk it, cause I also think that the 40 markers will be on PM and Constitution but it's up to you!
Reply 9

Pretty risky, maybe do 3 in case one of the questions is bad or both those topics are in section A
I guess I'll do some revision on 1 more topic, which ones are you doing? Also, I heard that no one chooses Judiciary because its harder, but then they give you easy questions...is this true?
The thing is if you look at past papers and where Parl and Cons have come up they should come up in different sections :/ idk if I should do 1 more topic to be safe but I also have to revise for my Business exam which is on the same day -.-

I would personally do 3 as a back up that's what I'm doing with the judiciary because there is every chance they might come up together and then you are kind of stuck-- you don't have to know the third one well but maybe just read over it and make sure you could come up with like 2 points at least if a question came up?
Reply 12
Original post by Gee1214
Pretty risky, maybe do 3 in case one of the questions is bad or both those topics are in section A

It is risky but ever since the syllabus started Constitution and Parliament have been kept apart. Doubt they will change it this year but like you said its better to revise 2!

What you guys write for a 45 marker is the PM now a president?
Reply 13
Original post by Antonia222
I would personally do 3 as a back up that's what I'm doing with the judiciary because there is every chance they might come up together and then you are kind of stuck-- you don't have to know the third one well but maybe just read over it and make sure you could come up with like 2 points at least if a question came up?

`It's better to learn 3 but its very unlikely they will put the two together. My teacher confirmed it with us.

I guess read over the third one like you said and just plan possible essay questions.
Original post by xxvine
`It's better to learn 3 but its very unlikely they will put the two together. My teacher confirmed it with us.

I guess read over the third one like you said and just plan possible essay questions.

So is it unlikely they will put the constitution and parliament together?
Yeah I think that's a good plan

In my opinion I think it is extremely risky.
You have 4 topics to learn/that you learnt:
Parliament
Constitution
PM and Cabinet
Judiciary and civil liberties.

In the exam you have two sections. Section A:
Two source questions which you choose one and answer an 5mark, 10mark and 25mark.
Section B you answer a 40 marker and there are two 40 markers to choose from.

Each question: both sources in section A and the 40 markers in section B both ask questions from different topics and you don't know which topics would come up within the sections for you to choose from.

E.g. If you only revised constitution and PM and cabinet, but they only came up in Section A, how would you answer Section B which is based on Judiciary and Parliament?

^ AN EXAMPLE. NOT A PREDICTION.

I advise you and everyone to just revise everything.
Good Luck
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433166256.144152.jpg The ticks symbolise which 40 markers came up in previous years - draw your own conclusions. Looks as if constitution will definitely be a 40 marker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

apparently the PM/cabinet and constitution never appear together in 1 question (one is a part a and the other an essay) so you could get away with learning these 2 or the judiciary and parliament. i wouldn't risk it if I were you but it surely can't be a coincidence that edexcel have done the for every past paper since 2009

EDIT: sorry I meant Parliament and constitution
(edited 8 years ago)
If anybody has any questions context-wise, I'd be happy to help. Also, I find it a great source of revision if people ask me stuff and I have to answer it off the cuff!!
Good luck :wink:
Original post by artparty
apparently the PM/cabinet and constitution never appear together in 1 question (one is a part a and the other an essay) so you could get away with learning these 2 or the judiciary and parliament. i wouldn't risk it if I were you but it surely can't be a coincidence that edexcel have done the for every past paper since 2009

Pm and constitution were together in June 10, June 11, jan 12, june 12, June 14

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending