The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 2 Exam 4th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

For section A, part B: Do we need to do the other side of the argument? or stick to one argument without any counterpoints? thanks
Reply 61
Original post by somebody13
For section A, part B: Do we need to do the other side of the argument? or stick to one argument without any counterpoints? thanks

There are no evaluation marks for part b and so you only have to make 3 points that directly answer the question.
Original post by Gee1214

thank you so much
Reply 63
Original post by knifeblade
I want to so badly revise just two topics but that damn risk of having them both come up in the same section

its unlikely they won't

i had a revision session with my teacher who is an examiner and he said they don't come up on the same section. Edexcel won't suddenly break a 8 year convention lol

its never happened before but revise 3 anyway
Is the unit 2 in AM or PM?!
Original post by xxvine
its unlikely they won't

i had a revision session with my teacher who is an examiner and he said they don't come up on the same section. Edexcel won't suddenly break a 8 year convention lol

its never happened before but revise 3 anyway

was there a reason as to why they dont ever come up in the same section?
Reply 66
Original post by somebody13
was there a reason as to why they dont ever come up in the same section?

i think because they are similar in content?

If you realise they are much 'heavier' topics and PM and judiciary are 'lighter', so they are kept apart...thats what my teacher said anyway.
Reply 67
Original post by Ghallas
Did people talk about other parties in 4c such as UKIP and SNP? And for the 25 marker on elections make a case for, can u structure it by having 3 big paragraphs on why change is needed and evaluation paragraphs instead. I didn't go into too much detail on PR as part b of that question was all about it so I doubt they would want u to repeat what u wrote on b.

I did party policy also, and I talked about UKIP & EU but not SNP, the SNP went against all of my arguments haha
What would be an example for the 10 downing street model when arguing if the PM is a president or not?
Original post by frankyelizabeth
Is the unit 2 in AM or PM?!

PM
This is what I have on PM being presidential. Not my work but I hope it helps!
for anyone who answered democracy question 2c in june 2009 was practically the same question. Here's the MS http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Government%20and%20Politics/2013/Exam%20materials/MS_6GP01_0906_V2.pdf
Original post by danmandanman
What would be an example for the 10 downing street model when arguing if the PM is a president or not?

Yes talk about the PM's staff of advisers and civil servants to coordinate policy. Remember one of the key points in arguing for presidentialism is that the PM makes decisions and coordinates policy without consultation of his cabinet. So in addition to the downing street office you can also talk about cabinet committees such as the Quad and 'sofa-politics' with Tony Blair.
Original post by imaaniee
This is what I have on PM being presidential. Not my work but I hope it helps!

Where is this from? Do you have the notes for constitution and parliament from that person too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrendhaUchiha
Where is this from? Do you have the notes for constitution and parliament from that person too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just have a million resources open from Get Revising, do you still need them? X
Reply 76
Guys for constitution changes since 1997 we only need to know 3 isn't it since its normally 3 points for and 3 against right?
so 3 and 3=6
i.m deffs revising parliament and constitution but would you advise juducuairy or PM and cabinet? I'm stuck which of those two to focus more on!
Original post by bettyvb123
i.m deffs revising parliament and constitution but would you advise juducuairy or PM and cabinet? I'm stuck which of those two to focus more on!

PM and Cabinet as there are loads of good examples to use especially with the newly appointed ministers and previous Coalition

Quick Reply