The Student Room Group

WJEC English Language Reading Tuesday

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellen998
What/explain questions:
inference, quote x10 (more if you can) eg.Lewis is a good role model because he is 'polite' and 'friendly
How questions:
5 points of what the author said (with quotes)
5 points of HOW they said it (imagery, stats, emotive language)
Thoughts and feelings questions:
Quote, inference x10 or more
eg. The fact that Lewis grew up with 'a single mother' looking after him makes me think he may have had a tough childhood
Comparisons:
5 similarities and 5 difference
Quote, inference, quote

This is what I've been told by a few people, hope it's helpful :smile:

Thank you. I guess I will do 10 quotes and brief explanation for the explain why questions, just to be on the safe side.
Original post by littleheron
Hi there.

So for the very first question, it will always be PE right?

For example, explain how gaming has affected his life.

And the "how" the write achieves something question is PEE?

If so, what is "why is World of Warcraft a dangerous game?" Would that be PE or PEE? I saw this video on youtube where the person goes through this exact paper but he says that only the 1st question is PE and all the rest are PEE.

I would just like to say that I’m not an expert in anything(I’ve just learned this through revision) however yes; I believe you arecorrect regarding the gaming question.“Why?” questions inform you that you have to infer (so useinference) basically asking you to read in to the quotes, so perhaps somethinglike…World of Warcraft is described as a dangerous game with “violent”imagery throughout, which negatively affects the young “kids” who spend numeroushours “twiddling” their “thumbs” in front of a “horrendously” loud TV screen, becauseof the vicious language used to describe the “mind controlling” game parents maybe subjected to purchasing it due to the dark imagery the description illustrates.On the other hand it could also be implying that such vicious behaviour willeventually plague their children’s’ characteristics.
Hope this helps, good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending