The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone else having this problem with psychology modules?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying psychology doing the first module DD102 and a few weeks ago a message came up on my student homepage saying I could enrol on my next module... however when I go to the page there's no option to enrol on the next compulsory module DE100.

I rang them up today and the woman said you have to successfully pass DD102 before you can enrol on the next module and because we don't get results until this September we can't enrol until next October (2016).

I'm really confused about this, I'll completely lose momentum if I have to wait over a year to continue studying :s-smilie: Has anyone else encountered this problem?

If anyone has any help or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi,

I have heard of this problem before. One way to get around it is to switch your degree to an open degree then it should let you enrol on DE100. (I'm doing this module in Oct too). Once you have completed DE100 or even half way through ring them up again and switch it back to the psychology degree. It's a faff but I wouldn't want to wait a whole year either!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by xgemmaax
Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying psychology doing the first module DD102 and a few weeks ago a message came up on my student homepage saying I could enrol on my next module... however when I go to the page there's no option to enrol on the next compulsory module DE100.

I rang them up today and the woman said you have to successfully pass DD102 before you can enrol on the next module and because we don't get results until this September we can't enrol until next October (2016).

I'm really confused about this, I'll completely lose momentum if I have to wait over a year to continue studying :s-smilie: Has anyone else encountered this problem?

why? we get result this september so why would we have to wait till next year im sure its this september.
Reply 3
Original post by hinchy55
Hi,

I have heard of this problem before. One way to get around it is to switch your degree to an open degree then it should let you enrol on DE100. (I'm doing this module in Oct too). Once you have completed DE100 or even half way through ring them up again and switch it back to the psychology degree. It's a faff but I wouldn't want to wait a whole year either!

Ah yeah that's what I thought, thanks for the help!

Original post by sevenfourteen
why? we get result this september so why would we have to wait till next year im sure its this september.

Yeah but apparently we can't enrol on the next module until after we get the results, which is then too late to enrol for October this year. Have you checked if you're able to select your next module?
Original post by xgemmaax
Hi everyone,

Common problem with the OU.. phone up the enrollment department and ask them to register your place on the course, and they can by pass it.

Tell you that you can't start until October 2016 is rubbish.. I had this problem last year and they can by pass it.

Stephen

Quick Reply

Latest