The Student Room Group

HELP!!! My English Language Exam is tomorrow - Edexcel English Langauge - OMAM

Within this extract Steinbeck uses a variety of language features to influence the reader's view of Lennie and George's relationship. It is clear to the reader that George is the stronger character in their relationship[ this is shown when Steinbeck writes "Lennie, who had been watching, imitated George exactly" the verb "imitated" suggest that Lennie looks up to George as a father figure, this encourages the reader to feel as though George is a respectable or superior character to Lennie, as Lennie is trying to be like him. Additionally the verb "imitated" also suggests that Lennie is child-like this is because children usually imitate parents or older siblings, this makes the reader feel as though Lennie is a weak character as he has child-like attributes.
The question:In their relationship, Explore how the language used in the extract influences your view of their relationship.
I only did 1 paragraph because my laptop was playing up & so deleted my other paragraphs :frown:
Please grade my work and offer me suggestions to improve my work. I am aiming for B or A as I want a career in English. I got a B in my last mock so I feel an A is within my reach Lol
Thank you in advance! & Good Luck to everyone else sitting their English exam tomorrow x
Reply 1
Original post by Princess Vee
Within this extract Steinbeck uses a variety of language features to influence the reader's view of Lennie and George's relationship. It is clear to the reader that George is the stronger character in their relationship[ this is shown when Steinbeck writes "Lennie, who had been watching, imitated George exactly" the verb "imitated" suggest that Lennie looks up to George as a father figure, this encourages the reader to feel as though George is a respectable or superior character to Lennie, as Lennie is trying to be like him. Additionally the verb "imitated" also suggests that Lennie is child-like this is because children usually imitate parents or older siblings, this makes the reader feel as though Lennie is a weak character as he has child-like attributes.
The question:In their relationship, Explore how the language used in the extract influences your view of their relationship.
I only did 1 paragraph because my laptop was playing up & so deleted my other paragraphs :frown:
Please grade my work and offer me suggestions to improve my work. I am aiming for B or A as I want a career in English. I got a B in my last mock so I feel an A is within my reach Lol
Thank you in advance! & Good Luck to everyone else sitting their English exam tomorrow x

There's not really enough to grade to be honest. I'd say it'd be a solid A if you carried on like that at that standard.

To improve, I'd talk about the wider relationship; how Lennie being inferior to George in terms of social standing is a reflection of his submissive personality, and that he accepts authority, much like a child.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending