The Student Room Group

Resits

In my first year of college i took my Sociology AS, which consisted of two exams and one piece of coursework. I got two A's in my exams but unfortunately a D in my coursework! At the start of the year a member of staff advised me that i could retake the courseowrk module as an exam, and that i could do that in May. However i got my certificate for sociology, because i hadn't rejected any of my grades yet. Does this mean that i am stuck with that module, or will a retake just count towards my A2 certificate and be included in that? I'm kind of annyoed because i reallly need to get an A in Sociology, and this will make it considerably harder!
Reply 1
I'm not entirely sure, but I was under the impression that you had to decline your grade by a certain date. Your college should have advised you of that if they knew you wanted to resit.

On the plus side - I could be wrong! But double check with your college ASAP so that you can get it sorted.

In fact I probably am wrong! If it's AS and you are doing A2 it should be OK. But I didn't think the AS grade was supposed to be certified if you are doing A2. I can see why you are confused, because I am now as well!!!
You didn't need to decline the grade because you're carrying on to A2. The resit will count towards your entire sociology grade but you can't change your AS grade.
Reply 3
Basically what lyrical lie says. My teachers say that you'll now have two Sociology qualifications an AS in sociology and an A level in sociology. Any resits you make with your AS modules will just add up to your A level grade, but your AS grade wont change.

Latest