The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2

What do you predict will cope up on this one on the 4th?
I'm expecting a question that requires a bar chart or figuring out the mean etc. Since there wasn't any in the first one.
Reply 2
How do you guys revise for psychology? And did you find the first paper hard?
Original post by xenya
How do you guys revise for psychology? And did you find the first paper hard?

I just read through the book repeatedly the day before & the morning of the exam. (Though you are advised not to do this, it really helps me)

I expected more questions about experiments tbh, so I thought it was relatively easy. However I did mess up a few questions ;(

Does anyone know if the grade is averaged out between the two exams?

[Edit] Just looked it up and each paper is 50% of your final grade. Hopefully I can fix my mistakes in the second exam then.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm struggling with the aggression unit, and haven't found a past paper question on the psychodynamic or frustration aggression hypothesis explanation! Does anyone know how you'd answer something like 'briefly outline the psychodynamic explanation of aggression' or 'briefly outline the frustration aggression hypothesis explanation of aggression'? Thanks
Original post by Poppy1098
I'm struggling with the aggression unit, and haven't found a past paper question on the psychodynamic or frustration aggression hypothesis explanation! Does anyone know how you'd answer something like 'briefly outline the psychodynamic explanation of aggression' or 'briefly outline the frustration aggression hypothesis explanation of aggression'? Thanks

So you start off stating that the theory suggests that we have a drive to self-destruct, called Thanatos, it causes our aggression to builded up and after a point, it releases. We use Ego Defence Mechanisms like displacement, being aggressive towards others, and sublimation, channeling our aggression towards into acceptable activities, to protect ourselves. However, it was later suggested that we need a trigger to release the anger and that trigger is frustration. Frustration can be caused by simple things like losing arguments and being late, these things will cause us to act aggressively.
Can someone suggest tips for Social Influence, I can't remember a thing and I always struggle.
Original post by SkvGalaxy x
So you start off stating that the theory suggests that we have a drive to self-destruct, called Thanatos, it causes our aggression to builded up and after a point, it releases. We use Ego Defence Mechanisms like displacement, being aggressive towards others, and sublimation, channeling our aggression towards into acceptable activities, to protect ourselves. However, it was later suggested that we need a trigger to release the anger and that trigger is frustration. Frustration can be caused by simple things like losing arguments and being late, these things will cause us to act aggressively.

Thank you so much!!
Bump- How did everyone find the exam today? I found it easier than the first one.
I definitely found it easier than unit 1 exam! I can't believe how many studies they didn't include but still, it made me happy
I found it better than unit 1! I was shocked about the studies! Any idea how the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recon they'll be bit lower because of how unusual the questions were compared to all the other past papers
Original post by hannahmrsx
I recon they'll be bit lower because of how unusual the questions were compared to all the other past papers

lets hope so!
Reply 13
Found it incredibly easy! A lot better than unit 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending