The Student Room Group

4th driving test on Saturday. Nervous as hell.

Hey guys.

I'm 17 and my birthday was at the end of February. Admittedly I've been trying to pass my driving test as soon as possible and may have rushed it slightly.
My first test was at the start of April. I failed with 3 minors and one major for road markings :frown:
Pay second test was at then end of April and I failed with 8 minors and one major for cutting someone up. Oops! However this was at rush hour so easily done I guess lol.
Third test I had the same examiner I had for my first and he's renowned for not being very nice but that's no excuse I know. I did this test in my own car and failed with 3 majors and a couple of minors :frown: I GOT WORSE!! Is this normal?
To be honest with you all I'm a perfectly competent driver when not under pressure from the examiner, I never stall or make silly mistakes so it's not that I can't drive, it's just that I get nervous and make stupid mistakes on the day!
I have a lesson on Tuesday and then one before my test on Saturday, so hopefully I'll be well prepared. Btw I have access to my own car to practice in as well.
Any advice to help me pass 4th time? I beg you.

Thanks
Reply 1
Don't tell anyone you are going for a test and I have seen quite alot of people saying that they took kalms (can be purchased from Boots) which helped them relax. Just go and do your best, try and enjoy yourself and when you're in the car just think to yourself you are driving to pick up your pass certificate:smile:. Don't rush as you would rather get a minor for hesitancy than getting the examiner to slam the breaks.
In exactly the same situation as you mate best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending