The Student Room Group

LinkedIn Networking

Is it acceptable to message analysts via LinkedIn despite not knowing them in attempt to network and gain any advice?
Original post by Breakingbank
Is it acceptable to message analysts via LinkedIn despite not knowing them in attempt to network and gain any advice?

You need them to accept you as a link firstly to send a message unless you have the pro account
Original post by Iqbal007
You need them to accept you as a link firstly to send a message unless you have the pro account

I currently have the trial version, so for the time being I am able to message them without connecting. I thought requesting to connect with them without knowing them would be too forward and if I was to message them first asking to connect with them and to ask them a few questions would be more polite.

What do you think?
Original post by Breakingbank
I currently have the trial version, so for the time being I am able to message them without connecting. I thought requesting to connect with them without knowing them would be too forward and if I was to message them first asking to connect with them and to ask them a few questions would be more polite.

What do you think?

It really depends to be honest.....some would just ignore you straight up. It all comes down to how you word it and all as well as the individual you are contacting.
Just go to actual networking events?
similiar to cold calling in a sense.. depends if they bother to give u the time of day
Original post by Iqbal007
It really depends to be honest.....some would just ignore you straight up. It all comes down to how you word it and all as well as the individual you are contacting.
Just go to actual networking events?

Yeah i am going to go to all the networking events I can, this was just something to do on top of that

Original post by gr8wizard10
similiar to cold calling in a sense.. depends if they bother to give u the time of day

Yeah, I came across a second year analyst at a BB from the country I am from, I figured that would be a good topic to start on i.e talking about diversity. I guess they would be more inclined to reply as they would have been in my situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending