The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - 2015 - how did we all find it?

I reckon it went 'alright'. Q1 i made some good inferences, Q2 i analysed a good amount, Q3 my points were bad, Q4 i first failed on but then corrected towards the end (So should be fine!), Q5 was a nice bit of descriptive writing and Q6 was decent :smile: How did you all think you did?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarrisonGCSE
I reckon it went 'alright'. Q1 i made some good inferences, Q2 i analysed a good amount, Q3 my points were bad, Q4 i first failed on but then corrected towards the end (So should be fine!), Q5 was a nice bit of descriptive writing and Q6 was decent :smile: How did you all think you did?

you know when it's just really hard to tell?? I didnt leave enough time for section B though, Q6 especially had like non-existent structure but I'm hoping it went okay... Just glad I never have to do English again tbh ahah
Reply 2
i failed
Original post by jesus313
i failed

broooooooooooo cmon how do you know??
Reply 4
it was bad tbh
Is it just me that found Q4 harder than all the other questions? i mean i literally couldn't do it at all? everything else i did though...
it was easy lol, but Q5 weren't you supposed to write to argue? Because my friend wrote to persuade, for what reason I don't know
Reply 7
Original post by jordyweird
Is it just me that found Q4 harder than all the other questions? i mean i literally couldn't do it at all? everything else i did though...

same i used source 2 and 3 and talked about their uses of negative descriptions and statistics
I did the higher paper and missed Q3; I just didn't leave myself enough time. What do you think? I've achieved A's and B's in my controlled assignments.
Reply 9
Did anyone mention anything about metaphors in source 3 for question 4? I think I might have done something wrong...
Thats what i went to do and ended up writing one sentence which just said i will use source 2 and 3 etc hahaha Failure -.-

Original post by hibatdcc
same i used source 2 and 3 and talked about their uses of negative descriptions and statistics
Original post by humblebirdie
I did the higher paper and missed Q3; I just didn't leave myself enough time. What do you think? I've achieved A's and B's in my controlled assignments.

Question 3 is only 8 marks chill i did higher too
I literally had to rush every question to keep up with the timings. ugh.

I still couldn't keep up and had little time to complete question 6.

I didn't even know what I was writing half the time.. probably all BS tbh hahah
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Annon-3
Did anyone mention anything about metaphors in source 3 for question 4? I think I might have done something wrong...

Was that the question where you had to compare language features, and what effect it had?
Reply 14
If you compared source 1+3 they used the identical simile about a magnet
Were we meant to argue against the statement for question 6 ?
I defo failed. For question 5, I wrote about New York but wrote about culture and the Broadway musicals and how no one understands my love for New York which isn't describing!!!!!!!!!!!!
For question 6, i argued against the statement and talked about Malala Yousafzai and her work for charity. But idk if that's right since it said young people from developed countries?!
The sources were all so similar wtf
What was question 5 again?? I can't remember what it was and now I think I answered the whole question wrong because I might've mis read it
Source 2 and 3 had lots of imagery, but it was annoying how there were tons of rhetorical questions is source 2 and nothing in source 3, their was onomatopoeia in source 3 but non in source two, how frustrating, but there were lots of adjectives, and direct address pronouns in both the sources
Original post by 10me2234
What was question 5 again?? I can't remember what it was and now I think I answered the whole question wrong because I might've mis read it

It was to write about a place, where the images stuck to your mind and you couldn't forget about it, something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending