The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - 2015 - how did we all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 10me2234
What was question 5 again?? I can't remember what it was and now I think I answered the whole question wrong because I might've mis read it

write a blog on an experience and describe it and explain why it was memorable
why does it sounds to me that i was taking an absolutely different exam to everyone. Cause i remembered that you can't choice the sources to compare.
I did section B first, which even though is't my strong point went quite well. I finished section B in about 40 minutes which I knew I would which is why I started it first. Section A went completely wrong, I didn't know what to write for questions 1-3 and I wrote completely the wrong things for question 4. I'm doing higher and I only got a C in my Coursework so I'm screwed. This years has gone so badly wrong for my english :frown: was getting As last year. Looks like I'm re-sitting.
Original post by kathleenodonovan
God I just feel so bad. I gotan A in coursework. Hopefully that's helps. I have done well in the mocks before but this justwent crap. I really wanted an A. Don't think that is gonna happen now

You should think positive, yeah I get where you come from to be honest the same happened with me but with a different topic, business wanted an A* guess I won't be getting that LOL, but nah I'm sure you've done really well, my friend did a completely different thing for Q6 where she wrote to persuade instead of argue, so thats 24 marks gone for her x_x
Original post by Authoriea
why does it sounds to me that i was taking an absolutely different exam to everyone. Cause i remembered that you can't choice the sources to compare.

You could. You had to use source 3 but then you could choose between sources 1 and 2.
Original post by mulherinea01
I did section B first, which even though is't my strong point went quite well. I finished section B in about 40 minutes which I knew I would which is why I started it first. Section A went completely wrong, I didn't know what to write for questions 1-3 and I wrote completely the wrong things for question 4. I'm doing higher and I only got a C in my Coursework so I'm screwed. This years has gone so badly wrong for my english :frown: was getting As last year. Looks like I'm re-sitting.

if you did section B, and it went really well, then it's probably cover for you q1-3, what did you write for Qs1-3?
You could. You had to use source 3 but then you could choose between sources 1 and 2.

Really? I remembered clearly that it was written in bold that it said use source 1 and 3. But then again you might be talking about the higher paper.
Same here i started section B then did A but was running out of time soo i missed out question 3 and did 4
Original post by CandyCrush27
if you did section B, and it went really well, then it's probably cover for you q1-3, what did you write for Qs1-3?

Complete rubbish :'D question 1 I basically wrote that the writer doubted the plan and didn't think it could be achieved, question 2 I wrote that the headline and picture and text referenced each other quite a bit and basically was kind of trying to guilt trip us and for question 3 I wrote about how the woman struggled with what she was seeing and that evidently she wasn't prepared. It just didn't feel like it went well at all :frown:
Original post by Authoriea
Really? I remembered clearly that it was written in bold that it said use source 1 and 3. But then again you might be talking about the higher paper.

Ah sorry yeah I was talking about the higher paper so it may have been different for you.
Complete rubbish :'D question 1 I basically wrote that the writer doubted the plan and didn't think it could be achieved, question 2 I wrote that the headline and picture and text referenced each other quite a bit and basically was kind of trying to guilt trip us and for question 3 I wrote about how the woman struggled with what she was seeing and that evidently she wasn't prepared. It just didn't feel like it went well at all :frown:

I'm sure you've done fine, because from what your saying you are going to get marks, but just not the highest ones such as 7/8 but what do you think you'll get?
Original post by CandyCrush27
I'm sure you've done fine, because from what your saying you are going to get marks, but just not the highest ones such as 7/8 but what do you think you'll get?

I really don't know. I think the most I'll get on each question (1-3) is probably like 4 maybe a 5 pushing it. I just want a C now because at least it's a pass. My teachers is going to be disappointed though she expected at least a B :O
Reply 72
Original post by Annon-3
Did anyone mention anything about metaphors in source 3 for question 4? I think I might have done something wrong...

Yes, I did. Don't worry.
Reply 73
In Q5, I talked about how my school will always be permanent memory in my brain and how it's also a permanent reminder as they taught me everything I needed and it was the school that was going to give me good GCSE results lol.
in q5 I did walking to Old Trafford:colondollar: think I did pretty well but on question 4 I did sentence types and my m8 said you cant im a bit confused
Reply 75
There was the smilie 'like a magnet' that I noticed
I really don't know. I think the most I'll get on each question (1-3) is probably like 4 maybe a 5 pushing it. I just want a C now because at least it's a pass. My teachers is going to be disappointed though she expected at least a B :O

I'm sure you'll get your C :smile:
Reply 77
What was Q6? What points should you have included if you were AGAINST the statement??
That exam gave me a headache! Q1 I thought was easy. Q2 I thought was easy. Q3 I failed coz I haven't written enough. Q4 wasn't my best answer and my points could have been better but I did write quite a lot. I'm really worried that I just told a story in Q5 and in Q6 I'm terrified that I persuaded instead of argued! But overall it wasn't so scary. Now English exams are out of my life forever!
It went alright overall tbh, hoping for an A or A*- not too sure but does anyone know possible grade boundaries?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest