The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - 2015 - how did we all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Does anyone remember the exact wording for q6? I just mainly wrote about problems young people in poor countries faced and argued that we are ungrateful? Was this correct?
I don't know if I did question 6 right or not. I know it was to argue and I talked about young people being too into their own desires and stuff and I said that they should help youngsters because they understand them and other stuff and used all the techniques needed. Is that ok?
Original post by Vithyan_K
It went alright overall tbh, hoping for an A or A*- not too sure but does anyone know possible grade boundaries?:smile:

58 marks is an A* and 53 is an A, that was for last year. I'm pretty sure it'll be around the same for our year.
Original post by arcticmonkevs
58 marks is an A* and 53 is an A, that was for last year. I'm pretty sure it'll be around the same for our year.

Alright, but i've asked most people and they said they found it quite challenging, which could mean the grade boundaries do go down
Reply 84
Yup. Will probably drop to 56 as some of the questions appeared to be a lot harder than the others.

Alright, but i've asked most people and they said they found it quite challenging, which could mean the grade boundaries do go down

I hope so to be honest because I'm kind of on the fence about it with q6. And I'm really hoping for an A*
I wrote a headline for question 6, is that wrong?
Reply 87
Not at all, as it was a article which was meant to be included in a magazine.
Original post by Libbydai123
I thought that section A was quite good but I am really scared that I messed up section B. For question 5 I wrote in a really descriptive way so I don't know if it would be suitable for a blog. I also just talked about a simple moment outside in a pretty park and how I realised how small we actually are in comparison to the beauty of the earth- it was really cliché! I am also worried that I argued for for question 6 and I only included a few counter arguments and my article seemed to be a bit more persuasive with rhetorical questions as opposed to an argument!
Original post by cakey_nanz
Same here i started section B then did A but was running out of time soo i missed out question 3 and did 4

Did you write anything for them at least?

yes totally wrong. You get marked down for doing a title, looks like a resit for you! who's going to be working in a factory now
For the mock I did back in December, I started with question 6, and followed on with 5, 1, 2, 3, then 4. But I missed question 4 last time, so I decided to work forwards today, and it was a better choice, but not by miles...
Even though I tried to rush myself through the first few questions, I still did not write a lot for question 6.

I think questions 1 and 2 were nice, question 3 not so much, and question 4 was hard.
Question 5 was a nice question where I could use an anecdote, and question 6 went well, but I only wrote 2 pages which definitely does not feel like enough for a 24 mark question!

___

After reading through some of the comments, it looks like I didn't read q6 properly either. I wrote to persuade, with only one very weak counterpoint, so it looks like I screwed up...
(edited 8 years ago)
Personally I have no idea how I Did i was wandering if someone could point me in the right direction

Question 1 - I think i did pretty well 100% sure i achieved above 5 marks
Question 2 - I really struggled with this one just about to fill a page and a quarter content was decent though
Question 3 - Probably 7/8 marks made a few perceptive points and i felt it was pretty well written
Question 4 - I think i got just over 10 marks
The writing is what is worrying me:
Question 5 - I managed to include lots of detail and i felt i wrote it very well but i don't think I added high level punctuation
Question 6- Again, content was okay got quite a few language techniques in there.
Could someone please explain what the marking system is for punctuation in Q5.

Hope it went well for everyone!!!
Reply 93
Did anyone do edexcel engish language gcse today?
Original post by lucy_16_c
It was young people take what they have for granted and should help people suffering in poor countires (or something like that) argue for or against this point so i argued for helping - that it would bring a sense of achievement and happiness

Thank you
I wrote a headline for question 6 and I've been told I shouldn't have? Does it matter?

The question did issue that you were to write to an article to argue your response so i understand why you wrote a headline. But it was not specifically required so i don't think that it will matter even if you shouldn't have, which you did, it won't loose you any marks in my opinion.
Reply 96
What points could you include in Q6 if you were against the statement?

no, thats right, you get marks for perceptively engaging with your audience - and that can be using the correct form
im not sure at all how i did:/ i reckin i did OK but dont wnna be over confident i finished all the questions and filled all the pages? i got a high B in my coursework? how much do you think i'll need altogther to get a A overall?
yeah except question 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending