The Student Room Group

Is transgender woman only acceptable when "attractive"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Wellzi
At the end of the day, if she doesn't have/never had a womb I'm not interested. Most men don't want a trans, they want a woman, and you can't act like they're the same, because they're not.

Speak for your self, you don't know what most men want. Its your loss anyway I'd be very very lucky to find someone to spend my life with and I honestly don't care if she's trans or cis.

Spoiler

Reply 81
Original post by JamesFL
Speak for your self, you don't know what most men want. Its your loss anyway I'd be very very lucky to find someone to spend my life with and I honestly don't care if she's trans or cis.

Spoiler

I think you'll find that the vast majority of men would agree with me, in fact a great deal of people would probably want such surgery banned all together. It's not my personal opinion, but a lot of people think so.
Reply 82
Original post by JamesFL

Spoiler

And no I wouldn't call you gay, because trans can look exactly like a real woman. That's just your mind being tricked.
Original post by Green_Pink
I expect the Guardian writer in question objects to the beauty standards imposed on women in the first place...

The premise is flawed regardless, she's ugly anyway.
Original post by KingStannis
The premise is flawed regardless, she's ugly anyway.

Hey, I would not at all mind looking like that when I reach the age of 65, give a girl a break!
Hey, I would not at all mind looking like that when I reach the age of 65, give a girl a break!

Her body came out well, the plastic surgeons did a reasonably tasteful job on the cosmetic side of things. The problem is that it's still clearly a male face. Very nice legs though.

Good for her regardless.
Reply 86
This thread needs remedying fast, I mean I knew the internet had acceptance problems but I'm actually quite shocked at the rampant transphobia here, so much for safe spaces.

Anyways if yall get the time and are curious take a look at this ted talk, I think it changed my life a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWubtUnSfA0
Reply 87
Original post by JoshDawg
I don't agree with people being transgender unless you're born with it.

Now I'll probably be slanted with the phrase trans-phobe etc. It seems you can't disagree with anything without being called a 'phobe. Especially if somebody else likes it.

What exactly do you mean you don't agree with people being transgender unless they're born with it?
Original post by KingStannis
Her body came out well, the plastic surgeons did a reasonably tasteful job on the cosmetic side of things. The problem is that it's still clearly a male face. Very nice legs though. Good for her regardless.

Seriously, if someone looking like that walked down the street I would not be able to tell at a glance "oh, she's trans".
Seriously, if someone looking like that walked down the street I would not be able to tell at a glance "oh, she's trans".

Do you generally study people's faces with that in mind when walking down the street?
Reply 90
Original post by oodlesofpoodles
The point is that for many transgendered people Caitlyn Jenner's transition is completely out of reach and by pasting her face all over social media and saying "Hey guys this is what a transgender woman looks like!" isn't a fair for those people. It goes along with the idea that a transgendered person can only be respected or admired if they're able to 'pass', that it somehow makes her more of a woman now that she looks more like one. I haven't really written that as clearly as I wanted but basically if you identify as a woman you are a woman whether you can 'pass' as a woman or not.

Yeah I totally get what you're saying and agree. There are a lot of trans women who don't have 'the surgery' for many reasons including health, money or just personal choice. And I think because they don't pass as female as easily as people who do go through the hormone replacement and surgery do, they get less acceptance. I'm so happy for Catelyn, bravo to her. But I just think the world as a whole is happier to deal with you being a trans woman if you 'look like a women'
Original post by JamesFL
This thread needs remedying fast, I mean I knew the internet had acceptance problems but I'm actually quite shocked at the rampant transphobia here, so much for safe spaces.

Anyways if yall get the time and are curious take a look at this ted talk, I think it changed my life a bit...

You always know that if it's in a TED talk it's worth listening to. I love TED.

Original post by neochartist
I don't really care either way about Bruce's transition into Caitlyn, I'm happy for him and all but I don't like all of this "OMG SO BEAUTIFUL <3" stuff. Its plastic surgery. All plastic surgery. Stop.

That doesn't stop someone from being beautiful?
Reply 92
Original post by JamesFL

Agreed. I really shouldn't be surprised and I don't know what I was expecting coming on tsr and going on this thread and other threads about her but it definitely wasn't this much blatant transphobia. Have some respect for ****'s sake people. By the way, that video is brilliant thanks for linking it :smile:
Reply 93
People need to wise up. The whole world judges everyone, if you try to claim you don't you are delusional. Everyone is prejudiced in some way.
He looks awful. His name is Bruce btw dunno why people keep calling him something different
Original post by Depleted
He looks awful. His name is Bruce btw dunno why people keep calling him something different

You keep posting but no one cares.
Reply 96
Original post by 2015ld
People need to wise up. The whole world judges everyone, if you try to claim you don't you are delusional. Everyone is prejudiced in some way.

everyone has inbuilt prejudices but you can still choose to respect people and not make cruel comments about them despite what your personal beliefs and feelings are or you can go and say horrible stuff about them on the internet and have no respect idk that's a choice you make.
I really don't know where to stand on the whole trans thing. I sometimes think that people are being ridiculous when they claim to be 'born into the wrong body', yet I have seen some stories, particularly of children 'knowing' that they are actually *the other gender* and being continuously unhappy as their physical gender, which convinces me that mentally it is a real thing.

However, I don't know if gender changing surgery and hormones is right at all. Messing with the body's natural balance of hormones, and changing the physical structure of the body, seems to be a bit haphazard and a violation - generally, the body is a natural system that, despite its shortcomings, exists stably with all its systems working in harmony. If somebody thought that they were actually an alien, or a dog, or a DVD player, born into the wrong body, they'd be given counselling and therapy, not surgery. Obviously this is more extreme than thinking you're the wrong gender, so ho hey, not a valid argument, but just thinking that perhaps reassignment should be more of a last resort.

Have people throughout history been miserable throughout life because they feel they are in the wrong body? (I don't know the answer to that). If not, was that because surgery and hormones were not an option then, and the availability of gender reassignment nowadays leads to more people seeing it as an option so it gets more demand so it becomes more available (vicious circle)?

I also see, throughout many different topics regarding sexuality, that we should embrace who we are, prioritise personality over body and looks, etc etc. However, for trans people, we seem to encourage the idea of 'reject the body you've got, get the body you want, change who you are'... just confuses me.

I am male in mind and body, so I have no idea what life is like for people who feel they are in the wrong body. I wouldn't hold anything against someone who feels like that, or goes for reassignment, although I'd find it weird. I don't think I'd be comfortable going out with them if I knew, but maybe I'd just have to meet a truly exceptional person to overcome that. Who knows. And who am I to judge?
Reply 98
Original post by aeshah
everyone has inbuilt prejudices but you can still choose to respect people and not make cruel comments about them despite what your personal beliefs and feelings are or you can go and say horrible stuff about them on the internet and have no respect idk that's a choice you make.

Yes, but other people will. And you just have to accept that and ignore it. If you are putting yourself out there you are bound to have people who don't like you.
Original post by xoflower
What is a Caucasian mind?

Nothing. It does not exist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending