The Student Room Group

CHEM2 AQA 2015 Section B Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

To be fair we'll see this year 98,99,100 for full Ums chill your beads some questions actually required logical thought. I think i got 90
Does BaCl2 + Hcl ( remove anions) work for Ag and Na?
Original post by SubwayLover1
Does BaCl2 + Hcl ( remove anions) work for Ag and Na?

Thats the test for sulphate ions so i guess not
Guys, you can do you mathematical methods of adding, this is AS level, if your logic is simply to add numbers to define where the entities are ordered, as chemistry is not for you, let alone A2.
This PS4 guy knows his sh*t dont worry.
nice to see arguments arising over a chemistry paper none of you can now do anything about because its been submitted? Plus, all of you please lose the cocky attitudes, it doesnt work well for second year college or for uni, wait til results day, then send off for your papers and fight about it the, this is for helping people and DISCUSSING answers not being rude
Reply 66
Original post by hannah240
How are you not understanding this?
It DOESN'T MATTER what numbers they add up to. You have clearly misunderstood the nomenclature from unit 1 as well. You count from the nearest carbon to get a lower number but don't add them all up. Then chloro comes first as it is both a halogen and comes before methyl alphabetically.

Also, I think you need to be more respectful rather than laughing at the thought of others getting things wrong and realise that you are being a prick about it and aren't as much of a genius as you think.

You don't understand iupac rules.
Reply 67
HAHAHAHAHAHA.png
Original post by PS4
You evidently don't understand iupac rules and that has cost you a mark. Good for me as there will be lower grade boundaries.

read this m8
Original post by Connorbwfc

NaBr reaction (4)
Equation (Can’t remember). Gases Br2 & SO2. Acts as an oxidising agent.

Pretty sure it said apart from Br2. I put H2S and SO2
Original post by PS4
You don't understand iupac rules.

I do, and I'll admit I'm not brilliant at chemistry but this is one of the things I understand.
All I'm saying is don't stress out too much over the one mark and please don't dishearten people too much, it's not helpful.
Reply 70
Original post by PS4
You evidently don't understand iupac rules and that has cost you a mark. Good for me as there will be lower grade boundaries.

you are so tragic
Reply 71
For the poisonous gases, I was torn between SO2, H2S and Br2. Ended up not putting Br2 because I didn't think it was especially poisonous?
Would be interested to hear the reasoning here, I may have missed something obvious :smile: I know I got at least 83 marks for certain, so don't mind too much if someone can prove me wrong here
Original post by hannah240
I do, and I'll admit I'm not brilliant at chemistry but this is one of the things I understand.
All I'm saying is don't stress out too much over the one mark and please don't dishearten people too much, it's not helpful.

this girls got the right idea, be nice its not difficult, plus tbh if youre being horrible about it like you are, people are going to hate you
Original post by Corpuscle
Pretty sure it said apart from Br2. I put H2S and SO2

i think it was HBR Without.... so i put br2 gas and S02.
Original post by Sniperdon227
Thats the test for sulphate ions so i guess not

But Cl2 would form a white precipitate with Ag??
i said NaOH instead of KOH for the elimination!! is it right i think both are same as you only gonna use OH- ion from it to make H2O!! ???
Reply 76
All I'm saying is that you guys are wrong. I'm not being rude because you guys are in denial. Anyway, look at what that a2 guy said. It should be lowest possible. Case closed. Move on please.
Original post by PS4

How about you fill us with your knowledge and tell us exactly what you wrote for each answer?
Reply 78
Original post by randoms132
Is excess KOH correct? for the elimination reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put alcoholic KOH as the reagent, and excess as the condition :smile:
Is there a full unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending