The Student Room Group

UCAS - Help needed, URGENTLY!!!!!

I have applied to Universites and today I have got information that two courses I have applied to Aston uni have been un-sucessful. I really wanted to go there. Although my predictable grades does not meet thet requirement of the course but I am working on harder to get the grades to meet course requirements. Even my teacher said I am working a lot and will get the grades.

Should I worry if my application get rejected but by the time i get my real results can I re-apply to the uni even if i got rejected, saying that I have got the grades.

Advice would be helpful. Let's hope I get good hope from the other four!!
Reply 1
If you get rejected, you can't apply again until September 2007,when you'd have to create a new UCAS application, if you didn't go to (another) uni in the autumn. The university's decision is final. :smile:
Reply 2
Thought of having a gap year? You could earn and save money for Uni and have got the grades so all your offers will be Unconditional.
Reply 3
BertieBassit
Thought of having a gap year? You could earn and save money for Uni and have got the grades so all your offers will be Unconditional.

I don't want a gap year!

I only got applications from ASTON rejected and that's it. I am still waiting for others!
Reply 4
NickiM
If you get rejected, you can't apply again until September 2007,when you'd have to create a new UCAS application, if you didn't go to (another) uni in the autumn. The university's decision is final. :smile:

If I apply in september can I get in the uni straight forward if they accepted me soon. Wwhich could be in october or end of dec.
Reply 5
white_Rose
If I apply in september can I get in the uni straight forward if they accepted me soon. Wwhich could be in october or end of dec.

No, you have to apply a year in advance, like you did this year.

If you get the grades, they may possibly accept you through clearing, although if you achieve the grades for your first choice and insurance, they would have to release you first (and quite often they won't). Either that or reject all your offers and keep fingers crossed for clearing.
Reply 6
Hey! Can you not use UCAS if you're at university and want to change course?
Reply 7
Erm, you could possibly get something through Clearing (although it's very much a last chance Saloon). Otherwise, like other people have said, if you really want Aston you'll have to re-apply next academic year.
You might as well phone them up during clearing, even if they're not officially listed (assuming you get satisfactory grades).
SirJonathan
Yes, I believe so.
Reply 10
SirJonathan

Of course you can. In fact, you have to. UCAS deals with undergrad admissions at all points of entry.
white_Rose
I don't want a gap year!

I only got applications from ASTON rejected and that's it. I am still waiting for others!

Then as long as you get other offers you're happy with, it will be fine :smile:
Reply 12
why not see whether aston were in clearing last year for your course and then when you get your results you could apply for September 2007 entry through clearing. Good Luck with the rest of your application :smile:
That'd be a good idea, but it might not be reliable...

Latest

Trending

Trending