The Student Room Group
Are you sure you entered the right course code in the first place? So on track it says politics (after clicking the code)?

It probably was a mistake, I'd phone them up as soon as possible to find out.
Reply 2
Waster
Hi today I got an offer from Leeds Met, I applied for social sciences but my offer was for Politics. Could this be a mistake or could they have thought I was better suited to a Politics degree?

If you're sure you applied or Social Sciences, then yes, they probably felt that you were better suited for Politics and decided to make you an offer for that. You should confirm this with the university directly.
Reply 3
If you are certain that you applied for social sciences (maybe check the UCAS welcome letter for the course code you applied for) and the place you got offered is for politics they obviously thought you were better suited for poitics. You might want to call the university and confirm that though.
Make sure you definitely applied for social sciences, and if you did, ring the uni to find out what happened, but they probably decided to give you an alternative offer they thought suited you better.
Other option, they may be stopping Social Sciences as a degree subject, and are instead offering you the best 2nd choice...
Angelharpist
Other option, they may be stopping Social Sciences as a degree subject, and are instead offering you the best 2nd choice...
Without notification?
It happened to a few of my friends - their universities gave them no warning and suddenly said 'this course is now discontinued due to lack of interest/funding/space' etc etc.

They were offered places for similar/related subjects instead...
:eek: Oh right :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending