The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I only got CCDD (disappointingly) could I still get a conditional offer?
I'm applying for- reading, Medaway, Lincoln, DMU And possibly Durham

I know it's gonna be hard to get the grades up but with a few resist I think I can do it

Ps( C-biology, C-philosophy and ethics, D-physics, D-chemistry)

Someone please help!
Original post by NK007
I only got CCDD (disappointingly) could I still get a conditional offer?
I'm applying for- reading, Medaway, Lincoln, DMU And possibly Durham

I know it's gonna be hard to get the grades up but with a few resist I think I can do it

Ps( C-biology, C-philosophy and ethics, D-physics, D-chemistry)

Someone please help!

I'd say resit your chemistry, because most of the uni's want ay least a B in the chemistry and you probably won't be predicted a B with a D at AS
Reply 82
Here are my AS results:
Maths - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - A
Although I got an A in physics, I'm planning to drop it next year because it was either physics or biology and I think biology is more relevant. Do you think my B in chemistry is a worry? I'm also worried about the pharmacy interviews - what were they like? I don't really know what to expect so I'm really anxious about them! Please help me!!
Original post by zyxzjs
Here are my AS results:
Maths - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - A
Although I got an A in physics, I'm planning to drop it next year because it was either physics or biology and I think biology is more relevant. Do you think my B in chemistry is a worry? I'm also worried about the pharmacy interviews - what were they like? I don't really know what to expect so I'm really anxious about them! Please help me!!

I"m applying this year myself so don't have any interview advice but I have completed my A Levels and just to reassure you, my friend just got into medicine in which you need A in Chemistry and she got a C at AS but resat an AS exam and studied ridiculously hard and got the A! And some pharmacy schools take a B for chemistry anyway providing the other grades meet the offer :smile: best of luck for this year!!
Reply 84
Original post by charlottehambly
I"m applying this year myself so don't have any interview advice but I have completed my A Levels and just to reassure you, my friend just got into medicine in which you need A in Chemistry and she got a C at AS but resat an AS exam and studied ridiculously hard and got the A! And some pharmacy schools take a B for chemistry anyway providing the other grades meet the offer :smile: best of luck for this year!!

Thank you for reassuring me!! :smile:
Does anyone know if nottingham want an A in chemistry A2??
I got BBCC at AS but less that 5 ums off the next grade in every subject so i am predicted AAB, will my AS grades affect me getting an offer? I'm applying to Nottingham, Cardiff, Keele, Portsmouth and DMU
i don't know if these are too ambitious considering my AS grades?
i am retaking exams and hopefully i will get AAB
Original post by nicoleemmak
Does anyone know if nottingham want an A in chemistry A2??
I got BBCC at AS but less that 5 ums off the next grade in every subject so i am predicted AAB, will my AS grades affect me getting an offer? I'm applying to Nottingham, Cardiff, Keele, Portsmouth and DMU
i don't know if these are too ambitious considering my AS grades?
i am retaking exams and hopefully i will get AAB
i think they are good enough, just work hard and I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile:
Original post by temi.h.o.
i think they are good enough, just work hard and I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile:

Ok thanks :smile:
Hi,
I wanted to do pharmacy at uni but my as grades weren't that good so I'm resisting two of my subjects and hopefully get the grades. Just wondering if anyone got offers from unis with low as grades and if not did they get into clearing?? And also what would happen if you got no offers from unis but you end up getting good A2 results?? Really confused about what to do.
Reply 89
Does anyone know if you'll be put to a disadvantage if you didn't do biology at A level? My results are AABB (As in Physics and Maths; Bs in Chemistry and Biology) and I'm not sure whether to drop biology or physics. Can someone help me and give me some advice please??
Original post by zyxzjs
Does anyone know if you'll be put to a disadvantage if you didn't do biology at A level? My results are AABB (As in Physics and Maths; Bs in Chemistry and Biology) and I'm not sure whether to drop biology or physics. Can someone help me and give me some advice please??

You will not be disadvantages at all. The all require chemistry + another science/maths which you're already doing so not having the full biology A-level is absolutely fine :smile: If you're still unsure contact the uni's you want to apply to
Reply 91
Original post by tcameron
You will not be disadvantages at all. The all require chemistry + another science/maths which you're already doing so not having the full biology A-level is absolutely fine :smile: If you're still unsure contact the uni's you want to apply to

Thank you!! I'm going to contact the universities now :smile:
Reply 92
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z33
Hey you know the aptitude test they make you take? is it difficult? do you have examples of questions? do i need to practice for it like its the UKCAT? or can i get by with 2 weeks of practice beforehand.

I've got some basic maths skills (B at gcse... did physics at AS and got a C) I'd say my english/ vocab is pretty good (B at lit and C at lang at gcse with like... 0 revision (oops)) and science is pretty good... I also feel like I can form reasonable opinions with reasons to back them up.

I'm so stressed! should I even apply for brighton? :frown:

Hey,

The aptitude test was quite simple - a few basic maths questions, and you had to answer an ethical question. Simple stuff on the whole, don't let it worry you :smile:
Reply 94
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
Hi I want to apply for Pharmacy, I'm thinking of Manchester (my home town), Cardiff, Kings, Bath and LJM. I got ABBB (Geography, chem, bio, psychology) at AS and I think I'll be predicted AAB or AAA with a push. How far along is everyone with personal statements? and when do you think you'll send of your application?
Also does anyone have any tips for resits? (when to revise etc)
Reply 96
omgosh y'all I've been hearing such bad things about pharmacy and unemployment and how its going down hill and some serious controversial stuff and now im ****ting myself :frown: :cry2:
Original post by thegodofgod
Sorry, I'm not too sure about that. I think the best thing to do would be to ask the individual admissions tutors at each school of pharmacy about whether your grades are acceptable.

Kingston university and Medway of pharmacy
Hi,
I know this has nothing to do with the personal statement but I want to apply for pharmacy and got BBBB for my AS grades In Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I'm predicted AAA for A2 and dropping maths. I want to apply to Kings, UCL, Manchester, UEA and Bath. Am I being realistic here with my AS grades? Do I actually have a chance of getting into these unis because I know it's competitive and a load of people will have straight A's for their AS grades.
Thanks
Reply 99
Hey guys!
I am in a great dilemma.
I'm a girl from Bulgaria.I have the highest possible marks in school throughout all the years and in all the subjects.
I liked a couple of universities and now I cant choose 5 out of them.The uni-s are:
Bath,Cardiff,Manchester,Nottingham,East Anglia,Reading,Sunderland,Portsmouth,King's ,Bradford.
For me it is essential that the uni will not only provide me education on a high lvl, but also support me and assist . I am a bit stressed ,cuz that's gonna be something completely different from my life atm.I would not like it if I end up in a undermining social life university.
So which 5 uni-s should I pick?
:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest