The Student Room Group

my dog might have to be put down tomorrow

I know... its not exactly the death of a human being, but my dog's health is deteriorating. Its weeing everywhere and having trouble controlling its bladder it seems (i'm no vet). I'm trying to distance my emotions and do whats best for the dog. If nothing can be done and the dog will just be in pain and die a painful death then euthanasia might be for the best.

I just don't know what to do, like how do i help the other dogs (one is the same age and the other is really young) cope with the loss of the other if the worst case scenario comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by datpiff
I know... its not exactly the death of a human being, but my dog's health is deteriorating. Its weeing everywhere and having trouble controlling its bladder it seems (i'm no vet). I'm trying to distance my emotions and do whats best for the dog. If nothing can be done and the dog will just be in pain and die a painful death then euthanasia might be for the best.

I just don't know what to do, like how do i help the other dogs (one is the same age and the other is really young) cope with the loss of the other if the worst case scenario comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am truly gutted for you, I have been there and know what you are going through and it is just awful. What has your vet said? Have they done all tests and x-rays etc? Have they said that they may have to euthanise him or are there any other alternatives? I will be thinking of you both and sending warm and kind wishes. Ciana.
I just thought someone had taken my dog, I felt sick. I found the rat under the shed, it didn't come when called.

Quick Reply

Latest