The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC English Lit/ Lang - June 11th 2015

I couldn't find any threads on this exam, only on A2 WJEC Literature...

any tips/advice to share? What texts are you studying? What revision method do you find most effective? etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile: I'm sitting this exam, studying Wuthering Heights & then of course the 3 non-fiction texts.

I find doing past papers the most effective and I've also got a study guide to Wuthering Heights which is very useful, particularly for helping to get context in an essay so I'm just looking through that and getting an idea on what happens in each chapter and noting a few versatile quotes.

For the non-fiction essay, my teacher came up with 'AP ITEMS' (audience, purpose, idea, terminology, explain, modify, society) as a way of structuring the essay and what we need to include. I really need to start looking at context though!

What other texts have you looked to be able to link to in the essay?
Reply 2
Anyone think they know possible section B questions this year?
Reply 3
Original post by Kindy
Anyone think they know possible section B questions this year?

I reckon protagonist & female characters could possibly come up
Death or love hasn't come up in a while, but they are quite obvious ones. also atmosphere and the supernatural.
Reply 5
Revenge could come up too
Reply 6
They all sound like good ones, my lecturer seems to really think love and i hope so too:smile:
Reply 7
OMG there's actually a thread for this exam :biggrin: how are you guys feeling for tomorrow!?
Reply 8
Not too bad! not as confident on section A but I feel quite prepared for B, what texts is everyone studying?
Reply 9
I don't feel very prepared for section A! Studying Wuthering Heights for section B!
Reply 10
I think section A will just be luck on what texts we get! Yeah same WH:smile:
Reply 11
Wuthering Heights, and I'm comparing it to Shirley by Charlotte Bronte, and Porphyria's lover. What are you guys comparing the main text to?
Reply 12
I've got a few different points from a few novels and short stories - I think it depends which question I choose! My main ones are Jane Eyre, The Yellow Wallpaper and The Nightinghale & the Rose :smile:
Reply 13
My mains partner texts are Shakespeare's Othello, Porphyria's Lover and Wuthering Heights the poem by Sylvia Plath :smile:
Reply 14
How did you all find the exam!? Loved it.
hey could someone please tell me what the tempest question was? :smile:
Reply 16
Loved section B!
Reply 17
I loved it, just disappointed with timing. I did section B first, and I only managed to get in two Wuthering Heights paragraphs and two links with no room for a conclusion. Finished Section A though. I knew if I didn't move on I wouldn't finish the other one. Do you think this would greatly effect my grade? Really nervous. I used a lot of examples but worried my analysis wasn't strong enough. Really praying now
Reply 18
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
How did you all find the exam!? Loved it.

Is it me or were WJEC being incredibly kind this year? Or incredibly lazy? I can't believe they included Blackadder, and they used a poem from a previous year's paper. It was so lovely and simple to analyse!
Reply 19
I thought it was good! Glad love came up for section B
For section A apparently some mentioned propaganda purposes for text A which I didn't do did anyone else do that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending