The Student Room Group

Night in Dublin

Me and a friend are flying from Manchester to Dublin to see the Libertines and then getting the first flight home the next morning. Was wondering if there were any good pubs or clubs about that stay open late and are cheap? Preferably no pop/dance but I'll go if I have to. Also wondering how much a standard night out is?
Reply 1
Sorry for jumping in, how much you paid for Manchester to Dublin flight? Is that Ryanair or some other company?
Reply 2
Yeah its ryan air we got them for £45 each last night (return) but it was £20 on Sunday so if you're thinking of getting them I'd get them sooner rather than later.
Original post by Bannabhrown
Me and a friend are flying from Manchester to Dublin to see the Libertines and then getting the first flight home the next morning. Was wondering if there were any good pubs or clubs about that stay open late and are cheap? Preferably no pop/dance but I'll go if I have to. Also wondering how much a standard night out is?

Coppers. Copper face jacks. Go to coppera. Its down the road from st Stephens green. Go to coppers.
Reply 4
Thanks, is it cheap/open late?
Original post by Bannabhrown
Thanks, is it cheap/open late?

i went on a Saturday and only left at 5am.. But this could vary. Dublin ain't cheap anywhere tbh so predrink your heart out. Pints in the temple bar area will make your wallet want to cry.
Reply 6
Original post by rachel244
i went on a Saturday and only left at 5am.. But this could vary. Dublin ain't cheap anywhere tbh so predrink your heart out. Pints in the temple bar area will make your wallet want to cry.

Thank you! Sounds good, need to hit up a bargain booze (or Irish equivalent) haha!
Dublin's pretty expensive everywhere. I'd recommend avoiding the Temple Bar area at night unless you really want an adventure. There are plenty of nice pubs elsewhere - some nice ones by the Liffey for a decent view, St Stephen's Green as well, round the back streets near Grafton Street or you could try near Trinity and University colleges to see if there are cheaper pubs by the student areas.

Quick Reply

Latest