The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry Edexcel Unit 4 & 5 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IH09
Wait. Which part of the paper included k???

The part where u find order of X nd B
Reply 21
Oh you meant the rate constant. Phew.
Original post by Elolel
Its okay i do that alot aswell! Its only 1 mark! Nd the ph is for NH3 nd HCL i guess

yeah thats true I'm flipping out over the one mark just feel like it'll all add up & accumulate from here and there you know. Ah well, good luck for chem 5 everyone :smile:
Reply 23
I put in O2 at GLC. I dont think co2 is inert, esp. If it dissolves in water.:frown:

Why was the temp. low inthe ester question? And what catalyst did you use in the question about oils?
Well unit 4 was interesting. Almost no standard questions bar the calculations and a few others.
Hoping that unit 5 will be fairly nice...but it's edexcel so you never know...
Good luck to all of you for all your remaining exams.
Original post by IH09
I put in O2 at GLC. I dont think co2 is inert, esp. If it dissolves in water.:frown:

Why was the temp. low inthe ester question? And what catalyst did you use in the question about oils?

yeah not sure where it fits in the syllabus the question didn't say what the sample (that goes in to GC) was did it? didn't know that either :frown: what did you say?

edit: didn't know the low temp for aldehyde. I put hcl for catalyst
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IH09

for the temperature I think it was something along the lines of so that the aldehyde won't be futher reduced and catalyst was NaOH although I put HCL:frown:
Original post by hopefulmed96
for the temperature I think it was something along the lines of so that the aldehyde won't be futher reduced and catalyst was NaOH although I put HCL:frown:

thats basically what I put too, so that the aldehyde won't be reduced by the reducing agent they've mentioned to alcohol. And I think HCl and NaOH can both catalyze it tbh. :smile: Esters was never my strong point tho so I'm not sure. I actually put HCl or NaOH (panic mode does that to me lol)
Reply 28
I think i will be losing at least 8 marks. :frown:

So guys, what do you think a score of 79-82 will be on the UMS scale?
XhHei
Original post by IH09
I think i will be losing at least 8 marks. :frown:

So guys, what do you think a score of 79-82 will be on the UMS scale?

Over 100 for sure.
Reply 31
Over 100 for sure.

I was hoping for over 108 actually. :frown:
Guys wat did u choose for the mcq related to microwave radiation ?
Original post by IH09
I was hoping for over 108 actually. :frown:

Strictly speaking it should be as it was not a standard paper and since 78 out of 99 was 108 in the exam of January which was a lot easier then yes perhaps it will be even higher. But you can never say with edexcel
Original post by Raghadabuali

radio waves. why was ethanoic acid used as the food additive?

what was the question again?
what was the question again?

I cant remember but one of the choices was tetramethylsilana tms
yea tms is correct
Reply 38
Original post by ninetail9990
radio waves. why was ethanoic acid used as the food additive?

Antimicrobial properties? :P
I cant remember but one of the choices was tetramethylsilana tms

oh yeah i put that :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending