The Student Room Group

How long will it take an ear piercing to close up?

I had my second piercing on both my ear lobes a year ago. At the time I thought it was a bit wonky, but thought I was just imagining it. Over this year I've realised that they are wonky - on one side it's slightly higher than the first piercing, but on the other side it's on the same level!

Out of laziness I didn't want to get it re-pierced, but now I want a third piercing and can't have that done unless the second piercing is in the correct place!

I've worn earrings in the piercing for a full year, because I've found that if I take them out overnight, after about 3 days it starts to close up around the back. I got it pieced with a gun (I know, bad choice, I didn't know!), how long do you think it will take to heal (or will it ever heal?!)?
Reply 1
I had a second set of piercing done in my ears and haven't worn earrings in them for about 9 years and they're closed over now; although there are tiny scars where the piercings were and I can feel it slightly in one ear if I press on it. I can't remember how long it took for them to heal I think it was maybe two or three years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending