The Student Room Group

How did you find this year's F2 IAL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by IH09
No. :3 but that was the one that really fired me up. :3

i had no time to go through my working again to catch stupid mistakes (which i most definitely made)
Reply 41
Original post by IH09
No. :3 but that was the one that really fired me up. :3

i just now remembered what my answer was , y = (-1/2)e^-x + 3/10e^3x + (1/5)cosx - (2/5)sinx
that is as much as i properly remember.
Reply 42
The coefficients for cos and sin def. match. So i guess 2nd DOE match.:smile:
Original post by rachu
i just now remembered what my answer was , y = (-1/2)e^-x + 3/10e^3x + (1/5)cosx - (2/5)sinx
that is as much as i properly remember.
Reply 43
Original post by IH09
The coefficients for cos and sin def. match. So i guess 2nd DOE match.:smile:

that is a relief !!
Reply 44
Original post by rachu
that is a relief !!

12.jpg
how much are you expecting the grade boundries ?
And your expected marks

Original post by rachu
that is a relief !!
Reply 46
I hope it's around 67.
Reply 47
Original post by TeeEm
12.jpg

Hello! to get A* in further math ial, i need 270 ums in my top 3 A2 modules. I have 96 ums in S2 and 93 in M2. Since they add upto 189, am i right in assuming i only need 82 ums in fp2 ??? is that like a guarantee ?? because i completely forgot about my S2 and M2 ums and thought i needed a* in fp2 to get my overall a*
it will be nice of you to clarify this!
Reply 48
Original post by HashiramaSenju
how much are you expecting the grade boundries ?
And your expected marks

can you see my post on the 1st page about the answers i got and see if you got something similar ??
I am hoping for 68+ out of 75 and hopefully a*. But i am not too sure. What about you?
Reply 49
Original post by rachu
Hello! to get A* in further math ial, i need 270 ums in my top 3 A2 modules. I have 96 ums in S2 and 93 in M2. Since they add upto 189, am i right in assuming i only need 82 ums in fp2 ??? is that like a guarantee ?? because i completely forgot about my S2 and M2 ums and thought i needed a* in fp2 to get my overall a*
it will be nice of you to clarify this!

81 if indeed S2 and M2 are cashed in Further Maths
Reply 50
Original post by TeeEm
81 if indeed S2 and M2 are cashed in Further Maths

i dont get what you mean by 'indeed' cashed in for further maths? because i do ial, i finished math in january and in my results for normal maths they included C12, C34, M1 and S1. So i presume S2 and M2 have to be cashed for further maths?
Reply 51
Original post by rachu
i dont get what you mean by 'indeed' cashed in for further maths? because i do ial, i finished math in january and in my results for normal maths they included C12, C34, M1 and S1. So i presume S2 and M2 have to be cashed for further maths?

this is an issue you need to take with your school's exam secretary (just in case)
Original post by rachu
can you see my post on the 1st page about the answers i got and see if you got something similar ??
I am hoping for 68+ out of 75 and hopefully a*. But i am not too sure. What

i got the same (all ) exept for the 4 th which i didnt attempt. and how about the biundries for full ums
Reply 53
Original post by TeeEm
this is an issue you need to take with your school's exam secretary (just in case)

but i did the exam with the british council and i already have my certificate for a level maths. Surely they can't move around the modules now?
Reply 54
[QUOTE="HashiramaSenju;56524593"]
Original post by rachu
I am hoping for 68+ out of 75 and hopefully a*. But i am not too sure. What

i got the same (all ) exept for the 4 th which i didnt attempt. and how about the biundries for full ums

i don't like predicting boundaries and stuff .. i hope they are low though!(don't we all?) which question did you not attempt? and why?
Reply 55
Original post by rachu
but i did the exam with the british council and i already have my certificate for a level maths. Surely they can't move around the modules now?

If they did then that means it has been cashed so the answer is your A level is done.
In British schools they tend to leave the modules floating until everything is completed and then cash according to what gives the best outcome.
Reply 56
Original post by TeeEm
If they did then that means it has been cashed so the answer is your A level is done.
In British schools they tend to leave the modules floating until everything is completed and then cash according to what gives the best outcome.

ah ok i see. But so that means the S2 and M2 count as A2 modules for further math right? and i only need 81 ums in fp2 ?
thankyou for helping me out with this stuff
Reply 57
Original post by rachu
ah ok i see. But so that means the S2 and M2 count as A2 modules for further math right? and i only need 81 ums in fp2 ?
thankyou for helping me out with this stuff

definitely so long as the total of 6 is at least 480...

so if today you got at least 81 you can only get A* or B downwards ... (not possible to get A if your FP2 is 81)
Reply 58
Original post by TeeEm
definitely so long as the total of 6 is at least 480...

so if today you got at least 81 you can only get A* or B downwards ... (not possible to get A if your FP2 is 81)

This is so relieving. The paper went really well but i still always have my doubts and i thought i needed to get 90+ on this paper. I got 91 ums in Fp1 and 73 in M3 so my total till now is 353 and if i get 82 in fp2 then it becomes 435 and so i only need 50 ums in fp3 (I will obviously work hard to get as high as i can .. but it is nice to know i am secure when it comes to the actual grade).
Reply 59
Original post by rachu
This is so relieving. The paper went really well but i still always have my doubts and i thought i needed to get 90+ on this paper. I got 91 ums in Fp1 and 73 in M3 so my total till now is 353 and if i get 82 in fp2 then it becomes 435 and so i only need 50 ums in fp3 (I will obviously work hard to get as high as i can .. but it is nice to know i am secure when it comes to the actual grade).

49 UMS in FP3 is then a B
50 UMS in FP3 is A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending