The Student Room Group

RAF ineligibility

I had a filter interview for intelligence analyst last week and the cpl said id hear back within 7 days as he had to write a report and send it to the MOD, I got an email within an hour saying i had been made ineligible for 12 months. I rang up for clarification and the cpl said my interview went well and the decision came from the MOD and he couldn't tell me why!

I know nobody here will be able to tell me why but just wondering if anyone else has been through this as I'm totally confused! Never had any problems with the police or anythin like that! Only things I can think of is that it's because I've had a few applications or because I don't have a great credit score! Not sure if any of those would make a difference tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jebbadiah

A poor credit score is the sort of thing that might get your application delayed for an Int role. I can't say that I know they check at that stage, or that quickly, but technically they can. It could be some other issue or error, but I'd get your finances back on track and try again in a year's time.
I had a filter interview for intelligence analyst last week and the cpl said id hear back within 7 days as he had to write a report and send it to the MOD, I got an email within an hour saying i had been made ineligible for 12 months. I rang up for clarification and the cpl said my interview went well and the decision came from the MOD and he couldn't tell me why!

I know nobody here will be able to tell me why but just wondering if anyone else has been through this as I'm totally confused! Never had any problems with the police or anythin like that! Only things I can think of is that it's because I've had a few applications or because I don't have a great credit score! Not sure if any of those would make a difference tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I would want to know if I was ineligible for Int An or any trade at all. Do some detective work and try and get a contact at MOD. What if you get the same answer in a years time and it was nothing to do with your credit record?
Reply 3
The Cpl at the Afco said I wasn't able
To apply for any trade for 12 months, but it doesn't say that on the email so I'm not sure how correct that is (I've had wrong info from them before), this is why I've been thinking it's about the other applications I've had recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Cpl at the Afco said I wasn't able
To apply for any trade for 12 months, but it doesn't say that on the email so I'm not sure how correct that is (I've had wrong info from them before), this is why I've been thinking it's about the other applications I've had recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What other applications have you put in?
Reply 5
Had 2 for ABM, failed the altitudes, one for ASOP, and then one for flight ops officer, didn't get through OASC. Was told on my debrief to get myself in as an airmen and try again for OASC next year, so I applied for int analyst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply