The Student Room Group

Additional Mathematics - OCR- 2015

How did we all find the exam today?
Was okay. However I know a lot of people were stumped by the PQ line as a function of x question. And also the 5 mark probablity question which we were given a whole page for.... Many only wrote 1 line answers because they thought it was just a simple 20C3 * 0.25^3 *0.75^17.... Like me... 5 marks down the drain.

Section A wasn't too bad though. I also found the cone/wire/pyramid question in section B fairly hard.
Was it not a one line answer?
I dont think so. Someone told me afterwards what he put and it sounded logical and also filed up a page. you had to find the different possibilities of all the different combinations like 1 tulip in box one and 2 jn box two. or 3 in box 3 and none in the others etc. Then you had to add them all together. Seems about right
Reply 4
Original post by youthfulwriter
I dont think so. Someone told me afterwards what he put and it sounded logical and also filed up a page. you had to find the different possibilities of all the different combinations like 1 tulip in box one and 2 jn box two. or 3 in box 3 and none in the others etc. Then you had to add them all together. Seems about right

Nope, that method is right. Both ways get the identical answer, just one is MUCH simpler. I tried both ways and you always end up with 0.13389...
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Nope, that method is right. Both ways get the identical answer, just one is MUCH simpler. I tried both ways and you always end up with 0.13389...

well that is excellent news because i did the one liner... I thought I'd lost so many marks. Will they differentiate between the tow methods do you think?
Reply 6
well that is excellent news because i did the one liner... I thought I'd lost so many marks. Will they differentiate between the tow methods do you think?

Well you get the right answer no matter what you do, and they never specified the method you had to use. As long as you wrote down the equation, you should get full marks.... otherwise, i would complain :wink:
Horrendous!!

Skips :smile:
hi i did the exam as well.

what did you get for the n-1 n n+1 questions?
Reply 9
Original post by saintshero5
hi i did the exam as well.

what did you get for the n-1 n n+1 questions?

n=33 for the first one and for the second i think something like 18.5?
what were all your answers or most of them
it was -17 and 12 for the second ine. And seeing as it asked for n as a positive interger, 12 was the answer.
Reply 12
it was -17 and 12 for the second ine. And seeing as it asked for n as a positive interger, 12 was the answer.

What Q is this for?
What Q is this for?

Part 2, I think, of the (n-1)(n)(n+1) question, where you had to take the product of the first and second, and then that added to n etc.
I'm crying I messed up, missed out a few questions... I'm really disappointed because I got 90% in my mocks and I've gotten straight A in every past paper, but I'm a little worried I might get B and that will be bad because maths is my strongest subject!
I hated the questions with the poles and angle between planes and stuff I had a mind block and had to skip parts of that question!

P.s. for the last Q did anyone get 25? Everyone in my school only got 24 but I found a combination to get 25 I dunno if I'm wrong or not:s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by Xiuchen
I'm crying I messed up, missed out a few questions... I'm really disappointed because I got 90% in my mocks and I've gotten straight A in every past paper, but I'm a little worried I might get B and that will be bad because maths is my strongest subject!
I hated the questions with the poles and angle between planes and stuff I had a mind block and had to skip parts of that question!

P.s. for the last Q did anyone get 25? Everyone in my school only got 24 but I found a combination to get 25 I dunno if I'm wrong or not:s-smilie:

I got 25 :P I just read off the graph and found it...
I got 25 :P I just read off the graph and found it...

Thank god! I thought I was going crazy!!!! Pheww! I only found one combination so I'm a bit worried tbh...
Reply 17
Original post by Xiuchen
Thank god! I thought I was going crazy!!!! Pheww! I only found one combination so I'm a bit worried tbh...

Yup, it was just one combination. I double checked it though, so i must have been 25. It was the highest reading on the graph :P
Yup, it was just one combination. I double checked it though, so i must have been 25. It was the highest reading on the graph :P

YESSS!!! THANK YOU!!!! EVERYONE SAID IT WAS 24! Im so happy yay!!:biggrin: thank you, ILY! YESS A in ADDMATHS WOO!!

Quick Reply

Latest