Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Name: Duncan
Where from: South West England
Subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry A2 + (Further Maths AS)
Grades: Achieved A*AA + (B), finishing Further Maths during my gap year!!!!
Course applying for: Civil Engineering with a year in Germany please

Bristol's my third choice :P, behind Imperial and Bath.............................
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Rabadon
hmm I got one today so I guess yours could come soon!!

Congrats!!! Hopefully, crossing my fingers haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
MEng Maths and Computer Science

Oxford, Warwick, UCL, Nottingham - you?

Nice sounds hard,
Politics and IR- cambridge, UCL, Leeds and sheffield
Original post by Olitheboro
Nice sounds hard,
Politics and IR- cambridge, UCL, Leeds and sheffield

Haha, it looks amazing! The CS side of things balances out the Maths exams.

Oooh, good luck for Cambridge! What college did you apply to?
Name: Ellie
Where from: Kent
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Geography and Physics (dropped chemistry for A2)
AS/A2 grades: ABBC
Course applying for: Zoology
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, EPQ (+ AS Biology)
Grades Achieved: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A* with A/A* in EPQ
Course applying for: Compsci (maybe with Innovation!)

I'm sending my application in at the end of this week - so nervous! :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Subjects: Economics, maths, English Literature (AS- Geography)
Grades Achieved: AAAA(AS grades)
A*A*A* (predicted)
Course: English Literature

Sent of my application today!
Original post by Leechayy
Name: Leechay
Where from: Nottingham
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Economics
AS grades: AABC
predicted A2 grades: A*AAB
Course applying for: MEng Computer Science w/h Study Abroad

Thought I should re-upload since I got more data
Did anyone go to the open day in September? How'd you find it?:tongue:

Hi, I went to the open day and found the city layout to be messy (though i am comparing it to flat Manchester haha) other then that, the university buildings are fairly close together and you should be able to walk to lecture buildings within 15min, providing you know where you are going that is. Also, it an get a bit confusing as I noticed some buildings had numbers on them which didn't correspond to the map provided (but that's just me being picky) The city looked nice and has great views, though I admit I didn't get to explore much of it as I just went to a couple of talks and left soon after due to a very busy schedule.
Reply 48
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing
AS grades: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A

I'm applying for Computer Science (BSc).

I have recieved the invite to the visit day... are we going to be assessed in any way on that day?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Random.guy
Hi, I went to the open day and found the city layout to be messy (though i am comparing it to flat Manchester haha) other then that, the university buildings are fairly close together and you should be able to walk to lecture buildings within 15min, providing you know where you are going that is. Also, it an get a bit confusing as I noticed some buildings had numbers on them which didn't correspond to the map provided (but that's just me being picky) The city looked nice and has great views, though I admit I didn't get to explore much of it as I just went to a couple of talks and left soon after due to a very busy schedule.

Yeah, I felt like I had the same issue. Open day at 9, get to coach by 4. Wills Hall accommodation looks so nice:redface:
CompSci department was good, the students had the really good displays including this motion-sensing game at the front. The talk was a bit underwhelming however.
I never got to see the bridge or most the sights either, I might go on an air ballon next time, that's probably the best way:yep::yep:

Original post by js.int
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A

I'm applying for Computer Science (BSc).

I have recieved the invite to the visit day... are we going to be assessed in any way on that day?

Usually means they're gonna give you an offer, noiceeee. They just want to get to know you and advertise the place to you:p:p
Original post by Random.guy
Also, it an get a bit confusing as I noticed some buildings had numbers on them which didn't correspond to the map provided (but that's just me being picky)

The numbers on the signs outside the buildings are the street numbers -- for example the sign you can see here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bristol,+City+of+Bristol+BS8+1UD/@51.459686,-2.604281,3a,66.8y,81.37h,70.61t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s1lubkBTNmVmj56u1_SWsTw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48718dd9571a2385:0x8e04de29a424c14b

with the large "17" on it is outside number 17 Woodland Road. Immediately to the right of that sign is smaller "19" sign on the front of 19 Woodland Road.
Original post by martin7
The numbers on the signs outside the buildings are the street numbers -- for example the sign you can see here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bristol,+City+of+Bristol+BS8+1UD/@51.459686,-2.604281,3a,66.8y,81.37h,70.61t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s1lubkBTNmVmj56u1_SWsTw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48718dd9571a2385:0x8e04de29a424c14b

with the large "17" on it is outside number 17 Woodland Road. Immediately to the right of that sign is smaller "19" sign on the front of 19 Woodland Road.

Would have been nice to know that on the day! haha
Name: Gemma
Where from: Midlands
Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, History and AS English Lit
Grades: GCSE-14A*'s and 2A's, AS-AABB, Predicted-A*A*A*
Course applying for: Law
Name: :smile:
Where from: London
Subjects: English Lit, French and Art
Grades: AS - AAAB Predicted - A*AA
Course applying for: French (Have an offer of ABB)
Anyone know much about the visit days for compsci? Do I bring my parents?
Reply 55
Original post by jill800
Hi I loved bristol on the open day!

Name: Jill
AS/A2 subjects: English language, philosophy & ethics, English literature and dropped History after AS
AS/A2 grades: AABB, hoping for a good prediction
Course I'm applying for: English and philosophy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for English and Philosophy too!! I thought I was gonna be the only one as it's not a very popular course I don't think, haha!
Original post by meganwri
I've applied for English and Philosophy too!! I thought I was gonna be the only one as it's not a very popular course I don't think, haha!

Oh hey!! :biggrin: you're actually the first person I've seen on these threads applying for them joint too so I think you're right hahah - what subjects do you take?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Name: Harri
Where from: About 20 minutes out of Bristol, how boring :h:
(AS)/A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and (Maths)
(AS)/A2 grades: (ABBC) AAA - Hopefully I can boost this to A*AA after a couple of AS retake exams :biggrin:
Course applying for: Medicine; my top choice uni for medicine

Good luck everyone!
Reply 58
Original post by jill800
Oh hey!! :biggrin: you're actually the first person I've seen on these threads applying for them joint too so I think you're right hahah - what subjects do you take?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, crazy haha! I take English Lit, Politics and Maths, and I did my EPQ on the Philosophy of Language, so hopefully not doing Philosophy as an A Level won't put me a step below!!
Hi!

Name: Rachel
Where from: Herts
Subjects: Maths, Biology and History (plus AS Geography, dropped for A2)
Course: Anthropology - possibly with innovation? I'm not sure yet, especially as it's a new thing for 2016 so idk if it's popular/good and there are no current students to ask.... Anyone else applying for something with innovation??

Also has everyone applied yet or no? I'm not even finished my PS :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending