Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

Name: Nikki
Where from: Switzerland
Subjects: (IB) Chemistry, Biology, Economics HL; Maths, French B, English Lang Lit SL
Course: Psychology

Received an offer today from Bristol! 36 points with a 6 in one of my sciences. Eep, it has begun!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by nikknokk
Hi!

Subjects: (IB) Chemistry, Biology, Economics HL; Maths, French B, English Lang Lit SL

Received an offer today from Bristol! 36 points with a 6 in one of my sciences. Eep, it has begun!

This early? Wow. xD
Original post by nikknokk
Hi!

Congratulations! :biggrin: When had you sent off your application?
Original post by ranayounis
Congratulations! :biggrin: When had you sent off your application?

I sent my application a couple of weeks ago as I am also applying to Cambridge, and wanted to get it out of the way :tongue:
Are any of you also applying to Oxbridge?

I'm applying for Engineering at Cambridge, although Bristol is still my number 1 choice! I know my grades are too low for Cambridge but I have the right predicted grades so thought I might as well see what happens!
Original post by steph-carys

I'm applying for Engineering at Cambridge, although Bristol is still my number 1 choice! I know my grades are too low for Cambridge but I have the right predicted grades so thought I might as well see what happens!

Yeah, Oxford. What was your UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yeah, Oxford. What was your UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

88%, although this is including Textiles (where I got 100%) but Cambridge would take no notice of this, so considering only Maths, Physics and Chemistry I'm at 84% :/

you?
Original post by rachel x
Hi!

Name: Rachel
Where from: Herts
Subjects: Maths, Biology and History (plus AS Geography, dropped for A2)
AS grades: AAAA
Course: Anthropology - possibly with innovation? I'm not sure yet, especially as it's a new thing for 2016 so idk if it's popular/good and there are no current students to ask.... Anyone else applying for something with innovation??

Also has everyone applied yet or no? I'm not even finished my PS :/

I applied two weeks ago and have two offers already :smile: PS isn't too bad once you've got something to work with, just write whatever to start with! Good luck :smile:

Yep, Compsci at Oxford! I'm not betting on getting in though, I pretty much applied just to see how far I can get - who knows, maybe I'll get in! :tongue:
Original post by merrigold
Yep, Compsci at Oxford! I'm not betting on getting in though, I pretty much applied just to see how far I can get - who knows, maybe I'll get in! :tongue:

Haha yeah it was a really last minute decision for me - Bristol has always been my favourite and my heart is set on it.

Just thought I should see what happens, and if I don't even get an interview then I'm fine with it xD
88%, although this is including Textiles (where I got 100%) but Cambridge would take no notice of this, so considering only Maths, Physics and Chemistry I'm at 84% :/

you?

Don't have them haha, I'm doing 3 full ones in a year! Predicted A*A*A in Maths, FM and Economics, applying for Computer Science

Hmm, I'd still give it a shot! It's just shy of the usual 85% cutoff, but there might be some leeway.

Which college did you apply to?
Name: Stephen
Where from: Manchester
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Maths, Economics and Physics(dropped)
AS/A2 grades: AABC, predicted A*AA
Course applying for: Economics, and economics and finance

Guys if I am applying for economics and finance here but economics everywhere else, do I need to tailor my personal statement to finance too?
Don't have them haha, I'm doing 3 full ones in a year! Predicted A*A*A in Maths, FM and Economics, applying for Computer Science

Hmm, I'd still give it a shot! It's just shy of the usual 85% cutoff, but there might be some leeway.

Which college did you apply to?

Jeez, that's brave of you!
Also I have certain extenuating circumstances which might... explain why I'm bothering applying to Cambridge even though my grades are 'low'!

I'm applying to Murray Edwards, which is partly strategic as I know it's less popular, especially when it comes to women applying for engineering. How about you? :smile:
Jeez, that's brave of you!
Also I have certain extenuating circumstances which might... explain why I'm bothering applying to Cambridge even though my grades are 'low'!

I'm applying to Murray Edwards, which is partly strategic as I know it's less popular, especially when it comes to women applying for engineering. How about you? :smile:

Thanks! :h:

Ahh, I see, that should help bolster your application! It's understandable, I have a tonne of extenuating circumstances myself, which I hope will explain my previous performance.

I'm applying to St Anne's for Oxford. Hahaha, likewise, I literally poured over the data to find tue college with the lowest average MAT score for offerees and the fewest applicants, also liked the fact that the tutors were working on projects I found interesting. Hopefully it goes well for you, definitely keep me posted on whether you get an interview or not! :smile:

Which other unis did you apply to?
Thanks! :h:

Ahh, I see, that should help bolster your application! It's understandable, I have a tonne of extenuating circumstances myself, which I hope will explain my previous performance.

I'm applying to St Anne's for Oxford. Hahaha, likewise, I literally poured over the data to find tue college with the lowest average MAT score for offerees and the fewest applicants, also liked the fact that the tutors were working on projects I found interesting. Hopefully it goes well for you, definitely keep me posted on whether you get an interview or not! :smile:

Which other unis did you apply to?

Thanks, you too!

Yeah it really sucks, looking back in hindsight I'm really disappointed with my previous grades and what it means for me now, but what will be will be!

I also applied to Bristol, Bath, Sheffield and Nottingham! Haven't heard anything from any yet, not even confirmation of my application :frown: so scary! What about you?
Thanks, you too!

Yeah it really sucks, looking back in hindsight I'm really disappointed with my previous grades and what it means for me now, but what will be will be!

I also applied to Bristol, Bath, Sheffield and Nottingham! Haven't heard anything from any yet, not even confirmation of my application :frown: so scary! What about you?

Haha, so am I but there's not much you can do now, onwards and upwards! You seem to be on track to get solid results this year, so just keep at it. :smile:

Ooh, I've applied to Bristol and Nottingham too! I wouldn't worry, you've still got some time until the universities respond - last year, I recieved my Nottingham offer in late January. I also applied to UCL and Warwick, the latter of which have been sending offers out like bullets. I applied on the 16th of September, have all my confirmations but no offer yet :/
Haha, so am I but there's not much you can do now, onwards and upwards! You seem to be on track to get solid results this year, so just keep at it. :smile:

Ooh, I've applied to Bristol and Nottingham too! I wouldn't worry, you've still got some time until the universities respond - last year, I recieved my Nottingham offer in late January. I also applied to UCL and Warwick, the latter of which have been sending offers out like bullets. I applied on the 16th of September, have all my confirmations but no offer yet :/

This is literally the worst waiting game ever D: All I ask is for one or two offers before I hear from Cambridge as the news is most likely going to be bad :L

You too, and I'm glad to hear it sounds like you're on track too :smile:
Where from: North West England
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, F Maths, Physics, Chemistry (AS only)
AS/A2 grades: AAAA at AS, A* EPQ
Course applying for: Mathematics

I was going to apply at Cambridge too but I didn't like the course as much. Everyone thinks I'm insane for choosing Bristol over Cambridge, it's really quite annoying :u:
Original post by meganwri
I know, crazy haha! I take English Lit, Politics and Maths, and I did my EPQ on the Philosophy of Language, so hopefully not doing Philosophy as an A Level won't put me a step below!!

Oh yeah I wouldn't worry about the philosophy at a level because they still accept people who haven't done it and you clearly have an interest in it doing it at EPQ! I'm doing a literature/philosophy combination project for my EPQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest