The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MCmnbvgyuio
I was going to apply at Cambridge too but I didn't like the course as much. Everyone thinks I'm insane for choosing Bristol over Cambridge, it's really quite annoying :u:

Yeahhh same! I'd choose Bristol over Cambridge anyway, all the teachers at school say I'd be stupid if I got an offer for Cambridge and picked Bristol instead :') come to think of it, don't know which one I'd choose... But I'm not even expecting an interview for Cambridge anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Name: Adam
Where from: Stoke-on-Trent
AS/A2 subjects: Chemistry, Geography, Maths, (Sociology - Dropped)
AS/A2 grades: AAA(B), A*A*A* predicted
Course applying for: Geography BSc w/ Study in Continental Europe

Got an offer today! Sent my application on the 7th and got my acknowledgment email 2 days ago.
Reply 82
I've applied here for BSc Psychology, anyone else applying for the same? And have you received offers for it yet? Where else have you applied? :smile:
Original post by CLJD
I've applied here for BSc Psychology, anyone else applying for the same? And have you received offers for it yet? Where else have you applied? :smile:

I've applied for Psychology :smile: Applied to; Cambridge, Manchester, Leeds, York and Bristol (main goal is Manchester because I doubt I'd get an interview at Cambridge)
Congrats on the offers everyone! :biggrin:

I received an offer from Bristol on UCAS Track yesterday, but haven't received any offer by email from the actual university yet... is this normal?
Original post by MissKate
Congrats on the offers everyone! :biggrin:

I received an offer from Bristol on UCAS Track yesterday, but haven't received any offer by email from the actual university yet... is this normal?

Your offer on track is the more important thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I've applied for Psychology :smile: Applied to; Cambridge, Manchester, Leeds, York and Bristol (main goal is Manchester because I doubt I'd get an interview at Cambridge)

Oh, nice choices, have you got any offers yet? :smile: I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Kings College London, Bristol, and Bangor (Bath is my first choice, but that's really competitive, so I'm looking at Nottingham or Bristol realistically)
Original post by Princepieman
Your offer on track is the more important thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks I was just a little worried
Original post by CLJD
Oh, nice choices, have you got any offers yet? :smile: I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Kings College London, Bristol, and Bangor (Bath is my first choice, but that's really competitive, so I'm looking at Nottingham or Bristol realistically)

Oh nice I was looking at Bath but I didn't have an A in GCSE maths haha
And I haven't got any offers yet, just acknowledgement emails from 3 of them. I'm not too worried though as I only sent them yesterday :smile: yourself?
Original post by steph-carys
Hey!

I'm Steph, I'm from Surrey! :smile:
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Textiles (dropping), and taking AS Further Maths next year.
AS grades: AAAA
Applying for: MEng Aerospace engineering! :biggrin:

Original post by zeusss
Name: Calvin
Where from: South London
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Further Maths (dropped Psychology)
AS/A2 grades: AABB, predicted A*A*A
Course applying for: Aerospace Engineering MEng

didn't even get to see Bristol though, as it stands I want to go to Leeds... what did other Aerospace prospectives think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey woo :biggrin: Go Aero!

I wasn't too sure on the competitiveness of Bristol's course.

Do you guys think AS AAAC (M, FM, Phy, MFL) with predicted A*A*A*A is enough? The C was a mishap on the day btw (got an A in one module, D on the other) but sadly I don't think its extenuating circumstances. It's an MFL though so I'm just praying they don't hate me too much for it!
Reply 90
Oh nice I was looking at Bath but I didn't have an A in GCSE maths haha
And I haven't got any offers yet, just acknowledgement emails from 3 of them. I'm not too worried though as I only sent them yesterday :smile: yourself?

Ah, I see, but yeah I loved Bath :smile: and I've had an offer from Kings but none of the others, and I sent it off last Thursday, but from what I've read on here, responses for psychology seem to take longer for some reason
Original post by ShelGroo
Name: Shelby
AS/A2 subjects: English Literature and Composition, Government, Human Geography, US History (I have APs which are slightly different)
AS/A2 grades: 4,3,5,4
Course applying for: International Relations and Politics

Did you have to submit SAT/ACT scores?
Original post by CLJD
Ah, I see, but yeah I loved Bath :smile: and I've had an offer from Kings but none of the others, and I sent it off last Thursday, but from what I've read on here, responses for psychology seem to take longer for some reason

On various forums I've seen people are getting offers from Manchester and York for psychology but I guess we'll wait and see! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 93
On various forums I've seen people are getting offers from Manchester and York for psychology but I guess we'll wait and see! Good luck! :smile:

Yeah, I gues we'll have to! Thank you, good luck to you too, especially with Cambridge! :smile: :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CLJD

Yeah, I gues we'll have to! Thank you, good luck to you too, especially with Cambridge! :smile: :smile:

Don't forget the end bracket (']') or it won't quote properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student403
Hey woo :biggrin: Go Aero!

I wasn't too sure on the competitiveness of Bristol's course.

Do you guys think AS AAAC (M, FM, Phy, MFL) with predicted A*A*A*A is enough? The C was a mishap on the day btw (got an A in one module, D on the other) but sadly I don't think its extenuating circumstances. It's an MFL though so I'm just praying they don't hate me too much for it!

Unfortunately I really don't know the answer to this... I'm worrying too :/ Your predicted grades are far more important and considering the course asks for one A* I think you have a good chance! Plus I doubt they care about MFL seeing as you got A's in the relevant subjects. I have AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A* too ( and A for AS Further Maths I'm taking this year), so we're pretty similar! Also, depends on your personal statement and whether you sound passionate or not, plus what extra stuff you have done to pursue your interest. Bristol will know you're academic enough based on your predicted grades, but Bristol is a competitive uni and still difficult to get into...
I've posted on this thread before but I better introduce myself :smile:

Name: Emily
Where from: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
AS/A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology, Government and politics (Dropped philosophy after AS)
AS/A2 grades: AABB (Doing a couple of resits) Predicted A*AA
Course applying for: Psychology
Original post by steph-carys
Unfortunately I really don't know the answer to this... I'm worrying too :/ Your predicted grades are far more important and considering the course asks for one A* I think you have a good chance! Plus I doubt they care about MFL seeing as you got A's in the relevant subjects. I have AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A* too ( and A for AS Further Maths I'm taking this year), so we're pretty similar! Also, depends on your personal statement and whether you sound passionate or not, plus what extra stuff you have done to pursue your interest. Bristol will know you're academic enough based on your predicted grades, but Bristol is a competitive uni and still difficult to get into...

Tbh you seem like you're quite a bit past the offer too, so I hope you'll be fine. Be cool if we both got in, huh?! Those are some awesome AS and predictions so I think you've a solid application.

I reckon the PS is decent. I've taken 2 Aerospace courses online (one by MIT) so I talked about those :biggrin: Only problem is I spent maybe 1k characters on extracurricular activities in the personal statement, (I tried very hard to link them in to Engineering in general) but idk if that's too much :'(. Reference is supposed to be good tho :biggrin:

How about for you?
I'm 17 from herts got AAB in as grades in chem maths and bus stud.
Bristol is first choice for me.
Going to send off the application next week
Anyone else doing accounting and finance
Do admissions tutors only work 9-5? If so, does this mean that you'll only get an offer around the time of a normal working day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending