The Student Room Group

Struggle to continue engineering

Hi guys! Hope you guys can give me some advices on my dilemma.
I have already finished my diploma in mechanical engineering. I am very passionate about physics and mathematics ! That's was the reason why I decided to chose engineeeing. However I find practical incredibly tedious and I pretty suck at practical work! So I am very frustrated whether to continue degree in engineering.
Any advices are greatly appreciated ><
Reply 1
Depends on the uni. Most RG uni courses are much more theoretical than practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Evelynn0705
I have already finished my diploma in mechanical engineering. I am very passionate about physics and mathematics ! That's was the reason why I decided to chose engineeeing. However I find practical incredibly tedious and I pretty suck at practical work! So I am very frustrated whether to continue degree in engineering.

lol you'll be in for a surprise then! I wish it was more practical tbh

If it's maths and physics, i.e. theory, that's your passion then you may wish to reconsider engineering.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies! But in order to become a professional engineer, one must be good in both theoretical and practical. I am only good in theoretical wise but not practical and I have no interest in doing practical work either /.\
What do you plan to do instead?
Reply 6
Frankly I don't know. :frown:
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies! But in order to become a professional engineer, one must be good in both theoretical and practical. I am only good in theoretical wise but not practical and I have no interest in doing practical work either /.\

Someone can have an engineering career without ever using so much as a spanner. CAD systems and spreadsheets are the daily tools.

Alternatively you go into academia or finance, consulting, many many career paths...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest