The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Swansea UWTSD English Secondary PGCE 2015/16

Hey there! My names Leah and I have accepted a place on the English PGCE course at Swansea this year! Is there anyone else out there? I was also wondering if anyone had any tips on where to stay/places to rent/staying on campus etc?? I'm moving from Belfast and I don't really know whats best! Anyone have any ideas or opinions?

Thanks!
Hey there! Cool someome from home will be there! I put in an application for one of the PGCE flats but a guy emailed me and said he had none free at the moment and all I could do was put in an application and see...

So the house hunting will have to begin eh!
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Damn I have left it too late probably! I just put 1 bed flat, then 2 bed then 3 bed as my choices. Who knows where I will end up. A 1 bed flat sounded so lovely though. See you there in September!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EnglishGrad93
Damn I have left it to late probably! I just put 1 bed flat, then 2 bed then 3 bed as my choices. Who knows where I will end up. A 1 bed flat sounded so lovely though. See you there in September!

I put the same options as you, ended up being offered a room in a 5 bedroom flat, I accepted it though as it's at least en suite which is a bonus.
Original post by EnglishGrad93
Ah you're lucky! I'm guessing this place will have the elec, wifi etc included, is close to the town centre and probably the library is near. Oh well, hopefully I will end up with something. If the people I'm living with are PGCE students that would be a bonus! So far all I have done is the DBS check... still need to figure out fees etc!

Hi there, I'm in the same boat moving from Belfast for a PGCE in maths. Haven't a baldy notion what to do about accommodation. Did you guys get sorted.. My tutor advised me to stay away from halls but I've no idea where else to live...
Hey there! Funnily enough I just got offered a room in halls today. And when I weighed it up against other properties I looked at, it was a much better deal. A room on Townhill campus means we can just roll out of bed and go to uni and it has parking, includes all bills and includes WiFi! Plus the flat theyre offering me is full of other PGCE students and postgrads, so shouldnt be too bad. They did warn that first years can be living in the building in different flats but there's onsite staff to deal with noise.

My dream was a self contained flat or a house share with other PGCE students. But its getting closer and closer to having to move over there so I think I might just accept the uni accommodation. At least its close to uni and the library!

Sounds like there's quite a few of us from NI going which is cool!
Good to hear you got sorted in halls anyway. Any idea what date you're thinking of moving over?
Original post by baldylocks
Good to hear you got sorted in halls anyway. Any idea what date you're thinking of moving over?

I asked if it was ok if I moved in on the 3rd or 4th of September and the guy said it was grand. I am going over on the 22nd to check the room out, buy things and leave them in my room! Apparently I'm on the second floor of the Ceyndd halls or something. Then I'm completing my primary placement over here in NI before starting on the 7th!
Hey,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here!

If you’re looking for great accommodation for September why not have a look at some of our spacious en suite rooms that we have available.

We have 382 lush en suite rooms complete with all inclusive bills and contents insurance, social space with pool table and flat screen TV and regular social events throughout the year. Check out our www.facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea page to see recent pictures.

We are within walking distance from the city centre and UWTSD campus and we currently have a lot of UWTSD students living with us and due to live with us from September.

We pride ourselves on ensuring our students have the best experience and hold many events such as free pizza nights, dvd nights, welcome events and BBQs to name a few.

If you would like to arrange a viewing or discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us directly on [email protected].u k / 01792341640.

Many Thanks
Katy @ St Davids
I'm thinking of going over on the 4th myself. Not sure if I'll be able to get over beforehand with work etc. I'm in the Ceyndd halls as well, flat 5 or something I think.

Lucky you getting to complete your primary placement at home, I've to enrol on the 7th and do my placement in a primary school over there for the remainder of that week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending