The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
*checks* :frown: *checks* Can they just get over it and reject me if they're going to? *checks*
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I got mine this morning too! When I logged on about 10, there was a message saying that nothing had been done yet, but I checked 5 mins ago and it's been received by the Department ("Your application has been received by the Department. Your application has not yet been received by a College"). I was so excited... how sad am I! :rolleyes: Do you reckon they've updated that today just because I have my letter or because it took that long to be received by the Department? :s-smilie: Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 102
Haha. Yay another obsessive *does a little dance*. Not sure why it updated today but the thing you want if for it to say it has been received by a college (but beware it sometimes lies and people have gone on to be rejected...) Oh track...
I got mine too! I know its going to be ages before anything on there updates though!
Reply 104
Received by department just means that they have your form in a stack somewhere. It's when it's passed to a college that you know a decision has been made.
Reply 105
*checks five times in case it magically changes on Sundays*
Thanks River! So if the AES said that an application had been passed to the college, would that mean that the applicant had an offer? Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 107
I'm not sure, I think it's technically supposed to, but like I said previously, there have been tales of peoples' AESes saying that their applications have been passed onto a college, only to be rejected via track. In short guys, it's extremely unlikely that anybody will receive an offer in the immediate future, so go outside and climb trees or something, anything to get you all off UCAS Track!
Reply 108
It took a few days last year from when mine said it was "received by a college" to when I got my offer. The whole time I thought it had been a mistake. Haha. I want an offer... :frown:
Reply 109
Same, it was about 4 days for me.
Reply 110
Neutral_Tones
Hey, I've had a quick search around this forum, but can't really find much info so: When do Durham usually give out receipts of applications? I'd like to get my PIN number so I can log into the applicant enquiries service. I know there's unlikely to be any change until about December at the earliest, but I'd like to be able to log on! :smile: Not that I'm obsessive or anything... I applied about a month ago if this helps. Thanks very much for any info!!! :biggrin:

Well last year I got my details through about mid-Nov too, so that seems to be the general time.

Having looked at your uni choices, I have a little advice after my experience last year; Durham turned me down the day b4 my Cambridge interview, which completely threw me off track and I really didn't do myself justice. Now by the looks of things your year is going much better than mine did (I'm now on a gap year!) but JUST IN CASE , for the love of god keep your head if Durham dnt give u the answer you want. Just that really... and best of luck!
Thanks! :smile: Yeah, I'm viewing Durham and Cambridge as the dream places really. Thanks for the advice! :smile:
so when should I recieve my pin?

My application was sent about three weeks ago...

I really want to log on :frown: All my friends have offers and I don't *cry*
I've just got my acknowledgement and pin.....cba with the waiting though. :frown:
i'm scared of AES. Terrified i'll be one of the people who it lies to and says i'm in when i'm not.

But the temptation to keep checking is too great!!

*hits head on desk*
miss_sparkles88
i'm scared of AES. Terrified i'll be one of the people who it lies to and says i'm in when i'm not.

But the temptation to keep checking is too great!!

*hits head on desk*

I'm the opposite... I've received an offer letter but Track and the AES haven't updated... :s-smilie:
Mustardseed
I'm the opposite... I've received an offer letter but Track and the AES haven't updated... :s-smilie:

Maybe it's because it's the weekend?
Does track update at the weekend??

In any case, if it's on paper i wouldn't worry too much. Was the letter from UCAS or Durham??

Well done by the way! I am extremely jealous. I thought because i have confirmed A level grades i would just get a yes or no without too much of an excruciating wait. Apparently not
stolenstars
so when should I recieve my pin?

My application was sent about three weeks ago...

I really want to log on :frown: All my friends have offers and I don't *cry*

I got mine today - dated 8 Nov
and in the letter it said they received my application on the 24th
miss_sparkles88
I got mine today - dated 8 Nov
and in the letter it said they received my application on the 24th

I sent mine on the 21st.. so I should recieve the pin soon (hopefully!)
Reply 119
AES is pointless, ignore it. You're all sufficiently addicted to UCAS Track as it is.

Latest