The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Maths (Linear B) Calculator, 11 June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yumz83
Thankyou
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the linear foundation papers?

It's not officially out on the AQA website yet. I'm checking it daily and will post when it becomes available.

In the meantime I have paid a minimal fee to the college to get both my papers back so I should be able to post a mark scheme then depending on how much info the official marker has written on my exam papers.
Ahh ok thankyou for replying..
Original post by CL0NE7
It's not officially out on the AQA website yet. I'm checking it daily and will post when it becomes available.

In the meantime I have paid a minimal fee to the college to get both my papers back so I should be able to post a mark scheme then depending on how much info the official marker has written on my exam papers.

I have done the same, I'm waiting for my papes to come. The college said it will take at least a month though :frown: .. I paid on the 20th August!
Original post by Anonymousxxxxxxx
I have done the same, I'm waiting for my papes to come. The college said it will take at least a month though :frown: .. I paid on the 20th August!

Ah right, the AQA website will probably have the mark schemes up before we get our papers back.

I actually am looking forward to reading the examiners report as to how the country found each question generally.
Original post by CL0NE7
Ah right, the AQA website will probably have the mark schemes up before we get our papers back.

I actually am looking forward to reading the examiners report as to how the country found each question generally.

You'll definitely get your papers back before aqa put it on the website its takes them a year to put them on so basically when it's the next exam period. That's what they did last year they are holding it off I bet so less people query their exam paper if they see an answer which they put and it's correct on markscheme but they didn't get the marks
Original post by Saffiee
You'll definitely get your papers back before aqa put it on the website its takes them a year to put them on so basically when it's the next exam period. That's what they did last year they are holding it off I bet so less people query their exam paper if they see an answer which they put and it's correct on markscheme but they didn't get the marks

Ah I see good point and for them I suppose that makes sense. As soon as I get mine back I will definitely make a mark scheme which will be the most official of unofficial hehe 😁
Original post by CL0NE7

Maybe, I'm not quite sure as I've never requested my papers.

I agree, I'm looking forward to see the examiner report as well. I just want to see what I got right in the exam and the marking etc.

I'm extremely happy about my grade and I can finally leave Maths behind me.

I don't hate Maths but I just get stressed during Maths exams etc so I'm just glad I don't have to sit and do a Maths exam again :biggrin:
Reply 1007
I missed getting a C by 8 marks (maths has never been my strong point) due to being so close I have been told I am eligible to take the resit in November. I wasn't sure about doing this but my husband has encourage me to have a go.

Do you have any words of wisdom or advice to help me get through this and gain the C I so desperately want.

Thanks in advance
Shell.x.
Original post by Shellk
I missed getting a C by 8 marks (maths has never been my strong point) due to being so close I have been told I am eligible to take the resit in November. I wasn't sure about doing this but my husband has encourage me to have a go.

Do you have any words of wisdom or advice to help me get through this and gain the C I so desperately want.

Thanks in advance
Shell.x.

Hi Shell, what particular topics to you find hard? If you are only a few marks of a C then maybe try to nail a couple of topics you're not good at rather than trying to nail the whole syllabus, that way you might find it easier to remember etc. If I can help in any way let me know. Dan
Do lots of maths past papers and if you can afford it get a private tutor who can teach you basic maths. I finally got my c this year but it was with alot of handwork and hours doing the same questions over and over again Till I could do them in my sleep. I also got a tutor. I understand how you feel. This was my third time lucky. But pls don't give up. At the end you will actually start to enjoy and love maths. Good luck.
Original post by Shellk

Thanks in advance
Shell.x.
Dont give up.. i missed out by 4 marks .. when i got my result i was upset but when my tutor explained that i only needed 4 marks i felt better knowing that i was only a few marks away.. i am going to go through past papers and see what i need to improve on.. and revise until i understand fully on what i am weak on.. xxx
Reply 1011
Original post by CL0NE7
Hi Shell, what particular topics to you find hard? If you are only a few marks of a C then maybe try to nail a couple of topics you're not good at rather than trying to nail the whole syllabus, that way you might find it easier to remember etc. If I can help in any way let me know. Dan

Hi, When I spoke to the college they said that I was let down by the non calculator paper and that I should ensure I do a lot of the past papers. Thank you for the advise about focusing on certain topics rather than the whole syllabus. I might do a past paper on both and then focus on the topics I struggled with. Thank you also for your offer of help, greatly appreciated.

Shell
Reply 1012
Original post by yumz83
Dont give up.. i missed out by 4 marks .. when i got my result i was upset but when my tutor explained that i only needed 4 marks i felt better knowing that i was only a few marks away.. i am going to go through past papers and see what i need to improve on.. and revise until i understand fully on what i am weak on.. xxx

Wishing you the best of luck.x.
Reply 1013
Original post by prinnyp
Do lots of maths past papers and if you can afford it get a private tutor who can teach you basic maths. I finally got my c this year but it was with alot of handwork and hours doing the same questions over and over again Till I could do them in my sleep. I also got a tutor. I understand how you feel. This was my third time lucky. But pls don't give up. At the end you will actually start to enjoy and love maths. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply, I have spent this morning printing off past papers and been to pick up a study guide with lots of exam questions on. I am not sure I could afford a tutor to be honest, but I have a friend who is a maths teacher, (who I was embarrassed to ask for help before) who I will ask for help this time.
Original post by Shellk
Hi, When I spoke to the college they said that I was let down by the non calculator paper and that I should ensure I do a lot of the past papers. Thank you for the advise about focusing on certain topics rather than the whole syllabus. I might do a past paper on both and then focus on the topics I struggled with. Thank you also for your offer of help, greatly appreciated.

Shell

Hi, yes I found the non calculator slightly harder and my result showed this too.

I also printed off all the past papers and mark schemes I could. Ensure to mark yourself harshly so you keep striving to do more revising. Do you know how many marks you got on each paper?
Reply 1015
Original post by CL0NE7
Hi, yes I found the non calculator slightly harder and my result showed this too.

I also printed off all the past papers and mark schemes I could. Ensure to mark yourself harshly so you keep striving to do more revising. Do you know how many marks you got on each paper?

Yes I do know my marks for each paper. I have also marked harshly, there is no point kidding yourself about a question!
Original post by CL0NE7
Wow, great results, well done. What are you taking at A Level?

Maths, Latin, History, Greek and Economics :smile:
Original post by Jalex1232
Maths, Latin, History, Greek and Economics :smile:

Greek, awesome! Love that language!
Reply 1018
I hope this is ok to ask here- I'm planning to take the June exam in this spec. I was wondering if anybody could recommend books they found helpful when studying this. Maths is not my strong subject so I really need to use a good book, I think I found a few but I'm not sure if they're right :/ Entering as a private candidate so can't ask a teacher. Thanks a lot if anybody can help!
Original post by s06
I hope this is ok to ask here- I'm planning to take the June exam in this spec. I was wondering if anybody could recommend books they found helpful when studying this. Maths is not my strong subject so I really need to use a good book, I think I found a few but I'm not sure if they're right :/ Entering as a private candidate so can't ask a teacher. Thanks a lot if anybody can help!

There's a book called how to achieve your target grade in GCSE maths it's by a guy called Jeeven and he really simplifies everything he even got some people up from D's to A's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending