The Student Room Group

Do people go to the uni library over summer?

I just wondered, when the university year finishes, whether some people actually still go to the library? I have extenuating circumstances on a couple of assignments so they aren't due in until August now, and I only really get work done at the uni library as opposed to at home so am planning on going in a couple of weeks to get them done. I work better when there are a lot of people around me, which is why I'm wondering :smile: thanks
I'm sure they do.
There could still be people round doing longer courses but certainly wont be busy as normal.
Reply 3
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I just wondered, when the university year finishes, whether some people actually still go to the library? I have extenuating circumstances on a couple of assignments so they aren't due in until August now, and I only really get work done at the uni library as opposed to at home so am planning on going in a couple of weeks to get them done. I work better when there are a lot of people around me, which is why I'm wondering :smile: thanks

I don't even go to universities, but do go to uni libraries to do some work over the summer. There are quite a few who do too (depending on the uni you go to), but there aren't a lot.
Masters and Doctoral students don't stop .

Loads of students use the uni library although the hours may be limited to 9-5 and it tends to be quiet in August.
Reply 5
Yep. Plenty of undergrads around, revising for summer resits or researching for summer resubmissions. And as above, the postgrads don't get summer holidays as such.

It's a reasonably quiet time though. You probably have the best chance of actually finding what you want on the shelves for a change. And no queues for PCs or printers, either.
Cool, thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending