The Student Room Group

3rd Class Degree - Please Help Me, My Life is Falling Apart

It is unfortunate but I am expecting to receive this degree classification - and so am unsure of what my next moves should be. Applying for LPC and BPTC would be futile - but perhaps I could consider becoming a Legal Executive via the Fast-track CILEx route?

But even so - what perplexes me more is the issue of funding - a CILEx for graduates typically costs £2775 - cheaper than the LPC/BPTC - yet not an amount I can simply take out of my savings - I've looked for Paralegal jobs online that require no prior professional experience - but they all require LPC/BPTC - which I can neither afford nor likely qualify for even though I could qualify for CILEx.

Any advice will be appreciated, please does anyone have any guidelines for a situation such as mine?
Have you considered looking for a career outside the law?
Original post by Harian96
It is unfortunate but I am expecting to receive this degree classification - and so am unsure of what my next moves should be. Applying for LPC and BPTC would be futile - but perhaps I could consider becoming a Legal Executive via the Fast-track CILEx route?

But even so - what perplexes me more is the issue of funding - a CILEx for graduates typically costs £2775 - cheaper than the LPC/BPTC - yet not an amount I can simply take out of my savings - I've looked for Paralegal jobs online that require no prior professional experience - but they all require LPC/BPTC - which I can neither afford nor likely qualify for even though I could qualify for CILEx.

Any advice will be appreciated, please does anyone have any guidelines for a situation such as mine?

My advice would be to contact smaller law firms directly. You don't need a CILEx diploma to be a paralegal. Approach law firms with your CV, don't wait for a position to be advertised. Target smaller firms, which are less likely to be so picky and ask for an LPC/BPTC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending