The Student Room Group

How many times did it take to pass your driving test??

Scroll to see replies

I passed first time, though i must point out i took about 50/60 lessons beforehand
all the best drivers pass 3rd time :wink:
Reply 62
Passed third time 2 weeks ago.
1st time - 20 minors; 2 majors. Oops :colondollar:
2nd time - 6 minors; 1 major.
3rd time - 2minors :biggrin:
Reply 63
1st time = 5 minors, 1 major
2nd time = 2 minors, 1 major which I didn't even do
3rd time = 4minors, 1 major
4th time = 4minors, 1 major
5th time = 11 minors, 3 majors
6th time 8 minors and passed, 3 years after the first test and 4 years since I started having lessons lol
Reply 64
I passed second time, can't remember how many minors I got first time but I do know it was the worst hour of my life. Nerves got the better of me and my knees were shaking so I had no clutch control. Stalled about 5 times haha
Reply 65
I passed first time, but took three attempts at the stupid theory!!! Which bits do you keep messing up on? My instructor taught me all these really good tips for the manouvers :smile:
1st Time :hmmm:

2nd Time :no:

3rd Time :bawling:

4th Time :banghead:

5th Time :woo:
Reply 67
6th time. I am a nervous person when it comes to driving tests.

First time 16 minors 3 majors = LOL!
Second time 4 minors 1 major = I didnt know how to reverse park and hoped it wouldn't come up on the test. it did.
Third time 14 minors 1 major = The examiner mustve been high, said i took too long while doing turn in the road. He was just an enemy of progress tbh.
Fourth time 15 minors 1major = My own stupid fault. I accept that
Fifth time: 4 minors 1 major = this test was the most painful because my driving was literally perfect even the examiner said, but again me hoping that the manoveure i couldn't do would come up yet it did; failed because of the parallel park

Sixth time = RESULT! Pass, 5 minors.

I started driving lessons as soon as i was 17.Passed theory first time, It took me 6 tests and nearly 2 years. Never give up!
Reply 68
Passed mine today-first try and I passed my Theory first go too, only person in my entire family circle to do so. I was certain I failed as he didn’t write anything down, and when I went around a corner in my independent driving I forgot that it was a dual carriageway ahead and me in second gear, I never put the pedal to the metal as quick to get into 4th and 5th. And my turn around the corner (I hate it but luckily my instructor for some reason took me the exact route the examiner took me) I had to keep changing direction as it’s a very tight one but luckily I got it in without hitting the curb then I coasted going back down the hill- silly me, thank god he was not paying attention. When I got back to the centre I was near going to jump out the window when he said I passed I had to ask him to repeat and only 6 minors. I think thinking I failed helped me relax after nerves like hell for the first 10 mins
passed 1st time somehow, hit the curb twice, used wrong lane twice on motorway, set of without handbrake off
Reply 70
Passed 1st time
Reply 71
1st time :smile:
Original post by Miss. B
Due to my nereves I have got my 4th test on wed and was just wondering how many times it took you guys to pass? It's cost me so much money so any tips would be good!

FIVE TIMES AND PROUD BITCHES!
1st - 2 serious
2nd - 2 serious
3rd - 1 serious
4th - 1 dangerous
5th - PASS 2 MINORS LOL
A lot of people have written about leg spasms and stalling. Stalling doesn't count as a minor fault does it?
Reply 74
1st time- 2 minors, 1 serious. It was completely my fault too. I went into a yellow grid when there was a lorry blocking my lane on the other side, leaving me sitting in the middle like a complete imbecile.

2nd time- 7 minors, 1 serious. I thought I drove fine, but didn't realise I'd got into the wrong lane at a roundabout (the road markings were very unclear). Changing lanes without checking my mirrors= fail.

3rd time- Easily my worst test of the three, definitely thought I'd failed this one. Somehow passed with 4 minors! :biggrin:
One...but then again I live in Colorado.
Hi ,

This really won't be a very acurate study tho and don't be put off by the amount of people who say first time. Because naturally will have a natural aptitude to driving and thus will pass their test quicker, due to confidence.It very enjoying driving.
Thank you for sharing information. driving is very like. it is carefully. just 3 or 4 months leaning driving.
Reply 78
is it weird that i still have not taking this theory despite me being 21?! I cycle a lot, so I didn't see the need to learn how to drive a car:s-smilie:
Reply 79
Original post by onda
is it weird that i still have not taking this theory despite me being 21?! I cycle a lot, so I didn't see the need to learn how to drive a car:s-smilie:

I was 26 when I took my theory and 27 when I took my practical test so no

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending