The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Religious Studies (Unit 3) Question predictions?

Hello :smile:
The ontological argument has been asked every year since 2010, I was wondering if it was mandatory that it is asked every year by Edexcel or if it was just a coincidence?
I'm also interested to see your predictions for what will be on this years paper on the 10th of June. Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It think religious experience and ontological could maybe combine? That is what my teacher was saying
Original post by HaydenD
Hello :smile:
The ontological argument has been asked every year since 2010, I was wondering if it was mandatory that it is asked every year by Edexcel or if it was just a coincidence?
I'm also interested to see your predictions for what will be on this years paper on the 10th of June. Thanks :smile:

My teacher says ontological literally comes up every year and the variance is whether religious experience or critiques of religious belief is the second question. As a safe bet it's best to revise ontological argument and then one of the other two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which Ethics questions do you guys think will come up?
Reply 4
I'm so confused as to whether to revise critiques of religious beliefs, I'm doing religious experience and religious language for philosophy, but critiquesof religious beliefs has only come up a couple of times. I'm not sure what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by alconnow
I'm so confused as to whether to revise critiques of religious beliefs, I'm doing religious experience and religious language for philosophy, but critiquesof religious beliefs has only come up a couple of times. I'm not sure what to do :s-smilie:

I would revise ontological and critiques, just in case critiques doesn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by beaverhausen
I would revise ontological and critiques, just in case critiques doesn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too keen on ontological so I chose to do religious experience instead, what do you think the chances of a religious experience question is likely to come up?
I'm not too keen on ontological so I chose to do religious experience instead, what do you think the chances of a religious experience question is likely to come up?

Well, ontological has come up every year whereas the other two have alternated with religious experience coming up more often than religious critiques. So if you're not fond of the ontological argument then revise for religious critiques and religious experience just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
for ethics what do yall think is gonna come up out of natural moral law, deontology and virtue ethics? i hope NML comes up cuz i cba revising for deontology and virtue eths
Reply 9
Original post by cruciverbalist
for ethics what do yall think is gonna come up out of natural moral law, deontology and virtue ethics? i hope NML comes up cuz i cba revising for deontology and virtue eths

If I were you I would just revise 2 of the theories out of the 3, I'm revising natural moral law and virtue ethics only
If I were you I would just revise 2 of the theories out of the 3, I'm revising natural moral law and virtue ethics only

what about deontology then, dont you think deontologys coming up this year? btw what times our exam on wednesday
what about deontology then, dont you think deontologys coming up this year? btw what times our exam on wednesday

It's in the afternoon
All the questions in the ethical theory section give you more than one theory to choose to write about
It's in the afternoon
All the questions in the ethical theory section give you more than one theory to choose to write about

oh true. ill revise deontology too then since im not pushed for time, got 3 days left haha. personally what do you think will come up
oh true. ill revise deontology too then since im not pushed for time, got 3 days left haha. personally what do you think will come up

I have no idea because last year's exam allowed you to choose one of the three theories rather than the usual two :s-smilie: I'm more worried about the philosophy section tbh
I have no idea because last year's exam allowed you to choose one of the three theories rather than the usual two :s-smilie: I'm more worried about the philosophy section tbh

oh okay, theyll ask for two this year then i bet. and what you picking for philosophy?
Are you guys doing religious language or life after death?
Really want an A* but last year you had to get 79/90 for an A*. So tricky!
oh okay, theyll ask for two this year then i bet. and what you picking for philosophy?

For philosophy I'm doing either atheism and critiques of religious belief or religious experience and religious language. So much to remember :l
For philosophy I'm doing either atheism and critiques of religious belief or religious experience and religious language. So much to remember :l

do you think youll be prepared by wednesday
Original post by memoona123456
Are you guys doing religious language or life after death?

im doing life after death, what do you thinks gonna come up for it in terms of the question asked

Quick Reply