The Student Room Group

Will 4 days of heavy drinking in 1 year have any long term effect on my liver

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Talking about the 35cl bottles.

Just look up deaths from alcohol. Have a look at deaths from neck nominations too

Lol dude, so many idiots in this thread, I don't know how you cope :lol:

You're correct and they are so wrong xD
Original post by lewif002
Shut up you imbecile. If you drank two big bottles of vodka in one night (even if it was spaced out over 8 hours) you would either be in a graveyard or in an ICU the next morning. There's no way anyone can handle the equivalent of 40 vodka shots or 25 pints in one night. That would be liver failure time. Instantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then explain an alcoholic. If you would die then how do alcoholics do it, explain that to me. My dad was an alcoholic and he would sometimes drink 2 bottles a day, sometimes 3 and he isn't dead so I know not everyone would die. maybe someone that has never drunk before would die, most defo, but someone who drinks regularly and then goes all out would not die, they may end up completely off their face and pass out, with a major hang over and throwing up everywhere, but they wouldn't die, because alcoholics can do it

If an alcoholic can do it then so can anyone! Also I never said I could drink two big bottles of vodka in one night that was someone else so get your facts straight before you call people names
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dancatpro

How old are you?
You merely sterilized your system for a week with all that alcohol and probably killed off a few million brain cells. Your body had recovered by day six but probably misses that lost gray matter.
Original post by emmashaw200
Then explain an alcoholic. If you would die then how do alcoholics do it, explain that to me. My dad was an alcoholic and he would sometimes drink 2 bottles a day, sometimes 3 and he isn't dead so I know not everyone would die. maybe someone that has never drunk before would die, most defo, but someone who drinks regularly and then goes all out would not die, they may end up completely off their face and pass out, with a major hang over and throwing up everywhere, but they wouldn't die, because alcoholics can do it

If an alcoholic can do it then so can anyone! Also I never said I could drink two big bottles of vodka in one night that was someone else so get your facts straight before you call people names

Im pretty sure anybody who drank 36 units worth of alcohol from cider (so approximately 18 cans of cider) would have more pressing worries than liver failure anyway.

18 cans of cider is (440ml) is 7,920ml's or 8Litres of water. Essentially 1/10th of a full bath. Nobody can drink 8litres of liquid in a few hours. That's ludicrous. It would lead to liquid intoxication, and eventually, hyponatremia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im pretty sure anybody who drank 36 units worth of alcohol from cider (so approximately 18 cans of cider) would have more pressing worries than liver failure anyway.

18 cans of cider is (440ml) is 7,920ml's or 8Litres of water. Essentially 1/10th of a full bath. Nobody can drink 8litres of liquid in a few hours. That's ludicrous. It would lead to liquid intoxication, and eventually, hyponatremia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How old are you? Once you get to uni you will soon learn that any amount of alcohol you thought would be impossible is now possible.

I have witnessed people drink approximately 15 pints (more than 8 litres) of beer in under 2 hours. So it is easily possible to drink these sorts of quantities. Yes you will be going to the toilet every 10 minutes, but it is possible.
Original post by Snoring Bear
You merely sterilized your system for a week with all that alcohol and probably killed off a few million brain cells. Your body had recovered by day six but probably misses that lost gray matter.

You only start to lose brain cells when most of your carbohydrate in-take is from alcohol, don't be daft. That's not to say alcohol doesn't make you stupid.
Original post by emmashaw200
you would not die drinking 36 units in one night you idiot people drink more than that in a night, i.e alcoholics and they don't die on a daily basis so your wrong

"you idiot"

"your"
Reply 28
Original post by EatAndRevise
"you idiot"

"your"

The first one is not wrong though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Daenerys...
Alcohol is #1 rape drug

Bravo Daene! That's very relevant.

Now complete the rest of the sentence...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Bravo Daene! That's very relevant.

Now complete the rest of the sentence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I'm not joking I actually think social drinking in pubs or sports bar is a bad thing it perpetuates 'lad' culture which is always a bad thing.
Hmm I'm not joking I actually think social drinking in pubs or sports bar is a bad thing it perpetuates 'lad' culture which is always a bad thing.

What's wrong with lads?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
What's wrong with lads?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not just lads man. It's all men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alcohol is #1 rape drug

Oh great, now the nazi-esque feminist is bringing up irrelevant s*** in discussions now?

TSR just got a whole lot s***tier.... mods please ban this person............
Original post by Dancatpro

Ngl it's a struggle

Original post by Bloxorus
How old are you? Once you get to uni you will soon learn that any amount of alcohol you thought would be impossible is now possible.

I have witnessed people drink approximately 15 pints (more than 8 litres) of beer in under 2 hours. So it is easily possible to drink these sorts of quantities. Yes you will be going to the toilet every 10 minutes, but it is possible.

Lol, there's not a magic button in your brain that switches on to deal with alcohol because it knows you're at uni.

Most people who drink this amount tend to have been drinking for a while, some people don't drink at uni. I also think the people you claim to have drank so much definitely chundered after.

In the case of OP he says he drank cocktails, which are fairly small, unless you get a fish bowl has 12 units each. You can drink cocktails fast too
**** all of this organising on how not to die drinking alcohol, just smoke weed ffs.
Talking about the 35cl bottles.
That is half a bottle.
Just look up deaths from alcohol. Have a look at deaths from neck nominations too.
No. I asked YOU for evidence that 18 pints in a night will kill you.
This is simply not not true.
Original post by mphysical
That is half a bottle.No. I asked YOU for evidence that 18 pints in a night will kill you.
This is simply not not true.

Nope it's a bottle, I should have been specific on the amount.

No you didn't. You asked for evidence that 36 units will kill you.
Shut up you imbecile. If you drank two big bottles of vodka in one night (even if it was spaced out over 8 hours) you would either be in a graveyard or in an ICU the next morning. There's no way anyone can handle the equivalent of 40 vodka shots or 25 pints in one night. That would be liver failure time. Instantly.
Posted from TSR Mobile
What is wrong with everybody's mathematics?
' two big bottles of vodka' is 60 units
' 40 vodka shots or 25 pints in one night' which one is it because there is about 10 units difference here.
Nobody has mentioned ' 40 vodka shots or 25 pints in one night', only 18 pints in one night which is an awful lot, but not instant death.
Nope it's a bottle, I should have been specific on the amount.
No you didn't. You asked for evidence that 36 units will kill you.

37.5 cl is half a bottle.
OED: Definition of half-bottle in English:
noun A bottle that is half the standard size.

Telling me to google something is not providing evidence.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest