The Student Room Group

Will 4 days of heavy drinking in 1 year have any long term effect on my liver

I am 27, I did not drink until I was aged 24

Since then I have drank about 4 beers a night every 4 months of the year.

I drink about 5 times a year.

I over did it this week and drank the equivalent of 6 beers and 2 cocktails (12 units per cocktail) each night for 4 days.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get out and get obliterated with the lads every week.

That's what I do.

It will do nothing to your liver.

Unless you already have a problem with your liver, then no.
Since when are there 12 units in a cocktail? That's the equivalent of a whole bottle of vodka.

Plus if you had 36 odd units in one night you would be dead
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

Doubt it. 36 units is about 18 pints ain't it?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Doubt it. 36 units is about 18 pints ain't it?

Well, if Op meant 6 pints then it would be 40 units.

One pint is about 2.5 units so closer to 15 pints. You think you could drink 18 pints and not die lol?
Well, if Op meant 6 pints then it would be 40 units.

One pint is about 2.5 units so closer to 15 pints. You think you could drink 18 pints and not die lol?

Yes, I've drank about that before in one night. You wouldn't die, but you'd have a bad hangover and of course it's not advisable.
Yes, I've drank about that before in one night. You wouldn't die, but you'd have a bad hangover and of course it's not advisable.

You must be a heavy drinker to do that and a big lad.

OP only drinks 4 times a year!

I also doubt you had 18 pints, drunk people always overestimate how much they drink

I also doubt you had 18 pints, drunk people always overestimate how much they drink

Yeah I am (a big lad).

& I'm not overestimating, I'm not exactly proud of it. I reckon there's a fair few posters on here who have drank that amount in terms of units at some point. Doesn't have to be in pints either. You aren't going to die from drinking 18 pints unless you do something like fall over and smash your head or go to sleep and choke on your vomit.
No. It's when you are knocking back 4 beers night that it becomes a problem.
Yeah I am (a big lad).

& I'm not overestimating, I'm not exactly proud of it. I reckon there's a fair few posters on here who have drank that amount in terms of units at some point. Doesn't have to be in pints either. You aren't going to die from drinking 18 pints unless you do something like fall over and smash your head or go to sleep and choke on your vomit.

Depends how quickly you drank it, how big you are, how much you drink etc... I know for a fact if I knocked down 18 pints I would be in serious trouble.

Quite a few people have died from downing spirits
Since when are there 12 units in a cocktail? That's the equivalent of a whole bottle of vodka.
Since when are there 12 units in a bottle of vodka.
A 750cl bottle contains 30 x 25ml shots. That's 30 units
Do you have evidence?
Original post by tut123

I over did it this week and drank the equivalent of 6 beers and 2 cocktails (12 units per cocktail) each night for 4 days.

have you heard of hen dos and stag dos? people do that for sometimes two weeks every night and they are fine your worrying too much. It is actually good for you to have a small amount of alcohol everyday, not that much, but a coupld beers night wont kill your liver mate

you would not die drinking 36 units in one night you idiot people drink more than that in a night, i.e alcoholics and they don't die on a daily basis so your wrong

drunk people never oversestimate how much they drink when how much they have spent tells them how much they have drunk. also who the hell only drinks 4 times a year? what planet are you from, I drank roughly 20 pints in one night once, yeah it was over 7 hours but still I did it
Original post by emmashaw200
x

:facepalm2:

Read OP first, he drinks 5 times years.

You've obviously never had alcohol in your life
:facepalm2:

Read OP first, he drinks 5 times years.

You've obviously never had alcohol in your life

I obvs had had alcohol you don't know me I drink a lot actually
Original post by mphysical
Since when are there 12 units in a bottle of vodka.
A 750cl bottle contains 30 x 25ml shots. That's 30 units
.Do you have evidence?

Talking about the 35cl bottles.

Just look up deaths from alcohol. Have a look at deaths from neck nominations too
Original post by tut123

12 units per cocktail? No way. If you had 12 units in one hit, you'd be passing out in about 3 minutes flat.

I'd say you could probably hit the booze hard (not stupidly) once per week, for the rest of your life, and your liver will be fine forever more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmashaw200
you would not die drinking 36 units in one night you idiot people drink more than that in a night, i.e alcoholics and they don't die on a daily basis so your wrong

Shut up you imbecile. If you drank two big bottles of vodka in one night (even if it was spaced out over 8 hours) you would either be in a graveyard or in an ICU the next morning. There's no way anyone can handle the equivalent of 40 vodka shots or 25 pints in one night. That would be liver failure time. Instantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest